Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown Number calls

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for updating us Pat.
    Any idea what's holding this up? I'd imagine its a fairly straightforward setting change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi KoolKid,

Apologies, but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to go into detail. I'll definitely update again when we have any further news to share.

Thanks again
    Pat

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No bother,thanks Pat

Nearly 4 months now. The last call I got from BOI was a private number.
    Any update on this practice changing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi KoolKid,

Apologies we are still reviewing this issue and I have now escalated again for you.

Once we have an update, we will let you know by posting here.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

Hello linda and thanks for the response. Can you expand on reviewing?
    Pats earlier post seems to suggest it had already been decided that the number was to be shown.
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post an update to let everyone know that we're expecting the number for our Financial Advice Centre (FAC) to become unblocked by the end of the month.

The number for the FAC will then be shown for all outbound calls. We appreciate all of the feedback that we've received on this thread.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi KoolKid.

Apologies we have no further information on this as yet.
    We are still looking into it and will post here as soon as we have an update.

Thanks
    Laura

Seems to me as this is a U-Turn on Pats previous announcement. As a BOI customer I am very concerned that as a financial institution BOI do not appear to see the security issues in this unnecessary practice.

Advertisement