Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice - didn't receive what was advertised (imo)

Options
  • 04-04-2012 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭

I'd love to hear peoples opinions on this as I'm unsure whether we were right or not. I received an email offer stating:

2 hour spa package includes full body deluxe massage, foot balm massage and signature facial massage (90 mins) with 30 minutes in our relaxation suite with champagne and chocolates.

I've been to this salon before and liked the service I received, the offer was good value I thought so I convinced a friend to buy one too and we went along for our appointment. I understand when it comes to marketing that there are ways of wording things and perhaps I should have double checked before purchasing but....

We only got one treatment, the girl did massage my face ( but no 'facial') and my feet as part of it and we were not offered champagne or chocolates afterwards.

We both mentioned to the receptionist when we were leaving that we thought we were gettiing a separate facial and foot therapy but she said that was not what was offered. Having re-read the offer we both sent an email expressing our dissapointment at what we received v what was offered, to date we have not received a reply.

I feel cheated I have to say and I feel angry now that they have not even bothered to reply to either of us.

I guess I'm wondering what other people would think they were getting if they saw that wording.

We're we mislead or just naive?
    Should I contact them again or just leave it and never go back?

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If what you typed is the exact wording of the advertisement / offer - you should go back and get your money back.

The e-mail promo was the 'offer', there was consideration by yourself and then acceptance by responding and paying for it.

As stated if the wording was as you typed it above, get your money back.

(or at the very least get the rest of the treatments and gifts provided to you)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Firedance wrote: »
    2 hour spa package includes full body deluxe massage, foot balm massage and signature facial massage (90 mins) with 30 minutes in our relaxation suite with champagne and chocolates.

We only got one treatment, the girl did massage my face ( but no 'facial') and my feet as part of it and we were not offered champagne or chocolates afterwards.

You say "one treatment" but does that mean they spent 90 minutes massaging your body, face and feet? I assume you were expecting a facial mask etc, but if so I think you just misread the ad. The 30 minutes in the "relaxation suite" with champagne and chocolates is clear and should have been offered so you'd would be entitled to comeback on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Are you sure there wasn't small print at the bottom saying something along the lines of choose one treatment. Or some other T&C that caught you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Firedance wrote: »

That wording is clear enough to me - all 3 treatments should have been included and added up to 90 minutes of treatment from a total of a 2 hourspa package - the final 30/120 minutes was for relaxation with champagne and chocolates. Totally unambiguous to me and I doubt if any small print could legitimately overrule the offer. There is no way any ONE of those treatments could have lasted for 90 minutes!
    I'd be looking for an explanation, an apology, my money back AND/OR the rest of my offer. Did you buy the voucher from the establishment itself or from a third party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Zab wrote: »
    You say "one treatment" but does that mean they spent 90 minutes massaging your body, face and feet? I assume you were expecting a facial mask etc, but if so I think you just misread the ad. The 30 minutes in the "relaxation suite" with champagne and chocolates is clear and should have been offered so you'd would be entitled to comeback on this.

thanks Zab yes they spent 90 mins massaging body, face & feet. I've been there before for a full body massage and to be honest it was pretty much just as good and a fair bit cheaper, hence the hard done by feeling but I understand that there could be an argument for interpretation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Teagwee wrote: »
    That wording is clear enough to me - all 3 treatments should have been included and added up to 90 minutes of treatment from a total of a 2 hourspa package - the final 30/120 minutes was for relaxation with champagne and chocolates. Totally unambiguous to me and I doubt if any small print could legitimately overrule the offer. There is no way any ONE of those treatments could have lasted for 90 minutes!
    I'd be looking for an explanation, an apology, my money back AND/OR the rest of my offer. Did you buy the voucher from the establishment itself or from a third party?

Hi Teagwee, yes we bought the voucher directly from the establishment, there was no small print, it was a case of us thinking we were getting 3 separate treatments but it actually turned into one long treatment, they didnt use separate products on the feet or face so basically it was like a long full body massage!

thanks for the opinions folks, I wanted to get some other perspectives before going back to them to complain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Facial massage in my experience is just your face being massaged, it does not include cleansing, mask, moisturiser etc.

For what I see you got what you paid for treatment wise but I would be back to them about the chocolate champagne thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭3DataModem

In my opinion (having had plenty of these before) you got what you paid for... A ninety minute full body massage including foot massage and facial massage.

I don't know how you think a "facial massage" is the same as a "facial".

I'd complain about the champagne and chocolates, but in my opinion you got the treatment that was advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

yes they spent 90 mins massaging body, face & feet.

Then you got what you paid for. You assumed something and it was not the case. You should however still complain about the lack of champagne/chocolates as that was advertised and it wasn't offered... unless it was there and you didn't see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I would think that the wording "foot balm massage" and "signature facial massage imply separate treatments. It certainly makes it sound as if a different product would be used on the feet than on the rest of the body.

The fact that the facial massage was described as a "signature" massage also sounds like it would be a separate treatment. If you google "signature facial massage" the majority of the results advertise what you thought you'd get - a facial massage with separate treatments.

• Advertisement
Advertisement