Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which operator to choose?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Was with 02 for 15 years but left them in January as the bills were too high for me. Never had any problem with their coverage or service. Switched to Meteor for their hyped €15.25 deal. Great price but my God, have I had my heart broken with them :(. Their coverage is terrible. I'm lucky to get edge at home if I even get a signal at all! I can't receive text messages though I can send them and when some people try to ring me they get the message 'the customer is unavailable' even though my phone is on 24/7. I've a pain in my bum with their rubbish service and have decide to jump ship. Only problem is who to switch to?

I'm not a big talker but would use about 200 texts per month. I also need 1gb data allowance. Did try 3 for a week as a pre-pay. Not bad, better coverage than Meteor. I really don't want to pay more that €25 per month though so that rules 02 out unfortunately. I'd prefer bill pay sim only as I already have an iphone. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

tesco mobile? O2 network but great prices:
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Also, if you're sending 200 texts per month look into an app to send them as web texts. You're already looking to pay for data. Cabbage does it on Android. Web texts are free and you get hundreds per month

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Also, if you're sending 200 texts per month look into an app to send them as web texts. You're already looking to pay for data. Cabbage does it on Android

Actually they have an iphone so:
    http://www.jellysms.com/
    or
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/eirtext/id289938076?mt=8
    are options for free webtexts from your phone too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

cookie1977 wrote: »
    tesco mobile? O2 network but great prices:
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/

Looked at them but their cheapest plan with 1gb data is €30. Anything cheaper than that only has 500mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My daughter changed to 3 pay as you go last week, if she tops up by €20 she gets free unlimited internet, free any network texts and free weekend calls to any network, for 30 days, and still has the €20 to spend, sounds pretty good to me (especially for a teen). Coverage is good here in pretty rural area too.

• Advertisement

Looked at them but their cheapest plan with 1gb data is €30. Anything cheaper than that only has 500mb.

You'll have to compromise on something. Some of the networks are better but it seems their signal doesn't suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

What sort of price range did you have in mind? I jumped ship to Tesco (again, coverage issues and O2 were getting too pricey). I'm a PAYG customer and more of a texter than a talker. So far I'm getting away with the €6.99 1GB data plan and between €10 and €20 per month credit. Tesco doubling the credit I put onto the phone is certainly helping to reduce costs.

cymbaline wrote: »
    What sort of price range did you have in mind? I jumped ship to Tesco (again, coverage issues and O2 were getting too pricey). I'm a PAYG customer and more of a texter than a talker. So far I'm getting away with the €6.99 1GB data plan and between €10 and €20 per month credit. Tesco doubling the credit I put onto the phone is certainly helping to reduce costs.

Do Tesco do the small sim for iphones? The sim pack they have on sale in the shop is the larger one only?

Yes they do:
    199119.jpg

Great, I'll give them a ring and order one. I don't do twitter!

• Advertisement

Many's a time I get better CC from twitter accounts then I get from forums, emails or phonecalls

Advertisement