Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc query

Options
  • 04-04-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

Got a price list from some wholesalers on HKC products and I can see the keypad comes with all the panels. It's not clear if the 12v power supply or the battery is included. Also, could anyone tell me how many batteries does each of the wirless devices take and how long do they last? Does the panel give any indication if a devices batteries are low?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    Hi,

Got a price list from some wholesalers on HKC products and I can see the keypad comes with all the panels. It's not clear if the 12v power supply or the battery is included. Also, could anyone tell me how many batteries does each of the wirless devices take and how long do they last? Does the panel give any indication if a devices batteries are low?

Thanks.

The battery is extra, the keypad comes with the control panel. 3-5 years the batteries should last. Only time will tell :D There is a 12 supply on the board? What do you need the supply for? Yes, the panel will indicate the low battery and device when it flags it first but as soon as the system is armed and disarmed only an engineer will have access to the logs to see what the low battery is. Always handy to have the engineer code for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭paulcdub85

altor wrote: »
    The battery is extra, the keypad comes with the control panel. 3-5 years the batteries should last. Only time will tell :D There is a 12 supply on the board? What do you need the supply for? Yes, the panel will indicate the low battery and device when it flags it first but as soon as the system is armed and disarmed only an engineer will have access to the logs to see what the low battery is. Always handy to have the engineer code for this.

At the back of a manual I got from a supplier there was a list of batteries and 12v power supplies which led me to believe theese had to be purchased seperatly. How many batteries do contacts, pir's, internal sounders, external sounders take? I notice most lads reccommend wiring the outside bell but if a wirless one was fittted how often would the batteries need changing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    At the back of a manual I got from a supplier there was a list of batteries and 12v power supplies which led me to believe theese had to be purchased seperatly. How many batteries do contacts, pir's, internal sounders, external sounders take? I notice most lads reccommend wiring the outside bell but if a wirless one was fittted how often would the batteries need changing?

The devices take 1 battery. The external bell comes with a battery pack, a second battery pack can be added to keep the led flashing for 3-5 years. Internal bell takes 3 batteries if it is the wire free unit.

Advertisement