Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sounds of Kerry

Options
  • 04-04-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Looking for people to take part in a project documenting sounds of Kerry, Any interested in giving me 5 minutes of there time and i will buy you a pint after.

thank you very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

What kind of sounds?
    People?
    Sheep?
    Tractors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What kind of sounds?
    People?
    Sheep?
    Tractors?

a sound that you hear that brings back a memory a happy time a sound that you hear that you only hear in kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

The Baufort Hummm might be a good starting place;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

im a full time dub so i need as much help as possible

but1er wrote: »
    a sound that you hear that brings back a memory a happy time a sound that you hear that you only hear in kerry

Well I'm not joking here but if you drive into the middle of Glencar the silence is total and absolute. Iv never (not) heard anything quite like it.
    Only when you hear complete silence you realize how loud everyday life actually is.
    Try it someday if you can.

• Advertisement

Not sure there is any sound unique to Kerry.

But there are some sounds that will resonate with Kerry people more than most.

The sound of breakers on some beach like Inch or Rossbeigh or the Maharees.

The seabirds on one of the Blaskets or the islands off the end of the Iveragh Peninsula.

The road of the crowd in a gaelic football match.

The stillness of a bog on a hot summers day, with just a few birds breaking the silence.

Other counties will know of those sounds too mind.

The sound of Jackie Healy Rae mouthing off, now that's a unique kerry sound..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I take it that farting and burping are out?:(

Advertisement