Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Advice For a Heifer

• 04-04-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

sam1242ing.th.jpg sam1240u.th.jpg
    what AI bull in PG should i use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭BelgianBlue13

sam0419x.th.jpg sam0420e.th.jpg
    she is CHAR X BB , she turned out to be a wonderful animal she is due in a few days to FL22...i want a good show calf out of her but im trying to avoid the section part lol
    i was thinking AZL or ADX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭limo_100

sam0419x.th.jpg sam0420e.th.jpg
    she is CHAR X BB , she turned out to be a wonderful animal she is due in a few days to FL22...i want a good show calf out of her but im trying to avoid the section part lol
    i was thinking AZL or ADX

you could try FL25 or ROX bring good muscle. You could also try LGL in charolias he bring muscle. ADX would also be good

How are them 4 bulls you named for calving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭limo_100

How are them 4 bulls you named for calving?

lgl is about 12% but i heard they pop out
    fl25 is 7%
    adx is 5% (i have a second calver with her time to him ill let ya no how you she gets on)
    ROX is 9% had them over the years never much trouble calving them

Ye, all lovely bulls,love to use LGL but if he is 12% he has to be hard calving......the oul lad never wants a section...it causes him problems coz he cant handle it when a cow is sectioned..idk..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Wait and see how she breeds with FL22, you should have an idea when the calf is a month or 6 weeks old.
    I'd make my mind up then.

Bizzum wrote: »
    Wait and see how she breeds with FL22, you should have an idea when the calf is a month or 6 weeks old.
    ye i might put up a pic of the calf, hopefully she calves it!

Just looked at PG's page on facebook and they have a new char bull called Angelus

Bizzum wrote: »
    She calved this morning to FL22...very happy,she slipped the calf out..the calf itself could be better but it will fill out probably....hardy bit of a calf! it got up nearly straight away!! (black heifer calf)
    good quality
    i need to decide between LGL/ADX?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Great Stuff !
    FL22 is the job alright for first time calvers. A lot of people on here have used him with no problems.

As for the next bull, you have plenty of time. the new proofs for April 2012 should be out soon, so you will have a better idea about calving for all those new NCBC bulls.;)

• Advertisement

pakalasa wrote: »
    Great Stuff !
    FL22 is the job alright for first time calvers. A lot of people on here have used him with no problems.

As for the next bull, you have plenty of time. the new proofs for April 2012 should be out soon, so you will have a better idea about calving for all those new NCBC bulls.;)
    lol ye i am happy that she salved easily,she is a great heifer and i want to keep her....is there an exact time when the proofs come out?

Senn all the proofs today, very suprised at NHL! didnt think ADX would hit 8% either.....
    Well lads any advice will help....just to sum it up....im looking for a good char/limi bull in PG....not hard calving...
    I was thinking about using MVO...seen the best calf i ever seen at my friends house, the calf was out of MVO..he is a bit hard calving though...
    i wonder would she have a nice calf with ROX..i would be willing to use him..
    FL25 dunno if she would calve him...
    my aim is a good beef carcass ;)
    thank you
    BB 13

Advertisement