Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path Of Exile - ONE free Beta key. Reply if you want.

Options
  • 04-04-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

I have a spare key for the beta of Path of Exile. If you want it, reply here. It goes to the first person who replies asking for it.

If I get more keys, I'll let you know. Already got 3 so far :D

Interesting game. Acquire abilities/spells/skills from gems which are randomly dropped/given as quest rewards, and you have a few hundred passive skills to choose from. Customisation of character build is absolutely insane...there are trillions of combinations.

Kinda like a souped up Diablo 2, but with a poor storyline/quest line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'd love it please!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah! I'll take one if another becomes available. Really enjoyed the open beta at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'd love it please!
    PM on the way....damn that was fast.

I actually just noticed your post on the other Path of Exile thread asking for a key and I was thinking "Damn, if I'd seen that 2 mins earlier, I would have given him the key".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

:D My obsessive refreshing on boards finally pays off!

If I get one of my own I'll do the exact same thing as you CrazyRabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd love one also, if another pops up :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id love one too :)

We have a thread for the game here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056592433

fingers crossed the microtransaction system makes it in before the end of the week (and the 4 day weekend!) - will definitely nab a beta via a purchase there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Please please please any further spares and I will love you forever!!!

Want to get my hands on this so bad, was away for the stress test weekend.

Edit: If someone is kind enough to hook me up with a key I'll purchase 2 things from the store as soon as it opens up next week and give them away here!!

by the looks of twitter, i'd say the store will be open some point tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Pity op, you could of got a handjob from me for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Wossack wrote: »

And the cheapest pre order price will be ten USD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Wossack wrote: »

They are using NZ times, And said:
    It's basically ready. We're going to sleep and will then test it and turn it on in the morning (NZ time) I hope!

New Zealand is +11 Hours, Making it 7:15am there. With 4 Hours 45 Minutes left of NZ morning there is not long to wait to purchase beta access... :D

They are using NZ times, And said:

New Zealand is +11 Hours, Making it 7:15am there. With 4 Hours 45 Minutes left of NZ morning there is not long to wait to purchase beta access... :D

twitters back awake :)

2-4hrs..! :D

Well at the moment, trying to launch the online shop crashes the game. And it gives you 6 nice error messages to go with it.

Probably ok opening it directly in the browser though.

Well at the moment, trying to launch the online shop crashes the game. And it gives you 6 nice error messages to go with it.

Probably ok opening it directly in the browser though.

So what's the story, can't see anywhere on the website to make any kind of purchase?

Edit: Found it, it's the "Buy More" button in account info.

Well the pre purchase store is up. Kind of disappointing.

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase/

Limericks wrote: »
    Well the pre purchase store is up. Kind of disappointing.

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase/

It supports the dev team and gets you into beta with a few points for cosmetic items. Don't see anything wrong with it to be fair...

The dev team deserve every penny they get, fantastic project and giving it away for free is commendable in this hardcore $$$ DLC age of gaming!!

Big Knox wrote: »
    It supports the dev team and gets you into beta with a few points for cosmetic items. Don't see anything wrong with it to be fair...

The dev team deserve every penny they get, fantastic project and giving it away for free is commendable in this hardcore $$$ DLC age of gaming!!

I never said that the dev team didnt deserve to be paid. I ordered my copy of it because I think they have done a great job with the game so far and they really do appreciate the community.

What I found disappointing was the lack of.... something. I can't put my finger on it but I was thinking bigger and better. I guess I just glorified it in my head waiting for it to come out all week.

Anyway, the store is closed now, they had some error's and apparently charged allot of people more than they should of because of an error in there script or somewhere else along the line.

They have apologized and say they will refund everyone the extra transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Tis all back and working now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will probably get the 1st or 2nd pack later today. Definitely worth it, as its an excellent game.

• Advertisement

got my kiwi this morning :)

but now Im stuck in work... gonna be a loooong day :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im assuming characters will be wiped once beta ends?
    As much as im a fan of the game and want to support them id hate to put months into a few characters only for them to be deleted.
    I dont mind putting a week or so into a beta before character wipes but open beta for this is estimated to be June so release is a few months off yet.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im assuming characters will be wiped once beta ends?
    As much as im a fan of the game and want to support them id hate to put months into a few characters only for them to be deleted.
    I dont mind putting a week or so into a beta before character wipes but open beta for this is estimated to be June so release is a few months off yet.

Yeah all closed beta characters will be wiped. You get to keep whatever you buy in the shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

hmm kinda bothers me a little that i could sink so many hours into it and lose everything on release, not really interested in the pvp end of it, feck it anyway had a blast so will definitely get it.

Well it's a closed beta so I didn't expect the characters to survive it anyway!

Closed beta is until June at least by the way according to the devs.

Characters get wiped anyway during the beta..not just at the end. Requirements for gems and equipment also change...and don't get me started on the changes to the massive passive skill tree! It just something that must be accepted if helping to test the game.

Advertisement