Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone app?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi, have you any plans to release a Bank of Ireland App for iPhone/iPad?
    I know you can access your account through Safari browser but it's not ideal.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would love this also & maybe android too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Gartcork and KoolKid,

At the moment we are working on an app for iPhone, Android and Blackberry which should be available for customers in the next 2-3 months.

After the mobile phone apps have launched we will be looking to roll-out the tablet versions.

We will of course let you know when they will be launched.

Thank you
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Hi Gartcork and KoolKid,

At the moment we are working on an app for iPhone, Android and Blackberry which should be available for customers in the next 2-3 months.

After the mobile phone apps have launched we will be looking to roll-out the tablet versions.

We will of course let you know when they will be launched.

Thank you
    Linda

That's great to hear Linda. Looking forward to it. It's long overdue. Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Good to hear this, are there any plans to support any of the various budgetting apps that are available?

I.e giving them direct access to your systems so they can be used to monitor spend and balances. The apps are quite popular in other countries so security is well tested.

Failing this, will the apps have budgetting and analysis/planning built in? Eg predicting balances based on recurring credits/debits etc.

Good to see BOI trying boards out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

+1 on the budgetting apps, I would love to see the likes of Mint.com being used with BoI.

• Advertisement

Hello all,

A personal budgeting tool is one of a number of initiatives we are currently working on for our customers over the coming months. We will of course let you know once it is due to be launched.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

Excellent. Long overdue.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

I hear on the grape vine that bank of Ireland staff have been told the iPhone launch is imminent- in the next 10 days or so and that the Android version will be out 2 weeks later ie towards the end of may.
    Looks like it will have all the features of the web version only much handier.
    Can ye confirm?
    Must say I'm looking forward to this.
    I hope it has the cheque search facility.

Hi all,

The mobile apps will launch in May 2012. We will notify you of exact dates when we have them. We will also advise of any functionality that will be included in the mobile apps at that time.

Thank you for your question and will keep you updated.
    Linda

Hi all,

The mobile apps will launch in May 2012. We will notify you of exact dates when we have them. We will also advise of any functionality that will be included in the mobile apps at that time.

Thank you for your question and will keep you updated.
    Linda

Just out of interest Linda will there be an iPad version of the app rather than just an iPhone version?

• Advertisement

Hi copacetic,

Regarding an iPad app, there is nothing due for the May launch. If anything does change we will let you know asap.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Late may I presume?

Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to announce the iPhone app has arrived. It will be available from the App Store midnight Wednesday the 9th of May 2012.

The Bank of Ireland app will allow customers to:
    -View balances and transaction history
    -Pay bills and transfer money to registered payees on 365online excluding international payees
    -Search for an ATM or branch using location mapping which will allow the user to locate the nearest location, town, street or branch name.

An Android app will follow in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions about the app or would like to give us any feedback we would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Does that mean "not May"?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to announce the iPhone app has arrived. It will be available from the App Store midnight Wednesday the 9th of May 2012.

The Bank of Ireland app will allow customers to:
    -View balances and transaction history
    -Pay bills and transfer money to registered payees on 365online excluding international payees
    -Search for an ATM or branch using location mapping which will allow the user to locate the nearest location, town, street or branch name.

If you have any questions about the app or would like to give us any feedback we would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks
    Linda

That's great, looking forward to trying it out.
    Thanks ðŸ˜႒

Hi who is this

At the moment we are in the final phase of testing with our android app and hope to issue this soon. We will of course keep you up to date on the official launch date on this forum once we have one.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nehemiah

Was this released last night or being released tonight?

Edit: It seems it's midnight tonight. That would be Thursday 10th of May. :)

Hi nehemiah

The app will be released tonight at midnight.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Linda

I like it. Works well. Can do everything you can do via website as far as I can tell.

One thing I don't like is you have to put in pin and random question answer if you
    exit the app at all. I'd prefer it never logged you out, but could live
    with just the pin each time but only if you haven't accessed the app
    in a while, say 10 mins. Otherwise stay logged in, do can go back and
    check totals required for transfer from email or
    whatever.

Nothing over and above accessing site from phone really
    except much easier login and moving around, which
    is good. Very iPhone and portrait based. Wasted in iPad.

Would be very keen to have budgeting and predictive
    balances based in recurrent debits and credits built
    in to the app.

All in all nice work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Looks good, does what it says on the tin.

I'd like if I didn't have to manually advance the cursor when entering the random three digits of the PIN but hey, we had that problem with the original PC browser version as well, hopefully they'll sort it out. I'm running iOS 5.1.1 on an iTouch 4th gen.

And I would REALLY like it if they used the 'Description' field in the way it was intended for electronic funds transfer payees, here's a reminder of a post I made earlier.....

When I'm transferring money to my own accounts in other institutions, all I can see is my name and four digits which in most cases means nothing to me. The 'Description' field is never used yet when you setup a payee, the 'description' field is decribed as follows: This text will be visible to you and can be used to identify your list of payees

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The Ulster Bank app is so much better and easier to use.

But it'll do, I suppose. Better than using the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

I can't see it on the app store anyone got a link

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Razor Russ wrote: »
    I can't see it on the app store anyone got a link

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/bank-ireland-mobile-banking/id520821023?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

The Ulster Bank app is so much better and easier to use.

But it'll do, I suppose. Better than using the website.

Any more useful feedback? What's better, what are we missing out on, what
    should be changed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't really have an useful feedback, sorry. I was just giving my opinion of the app. It's perfectly functional, it's just not as nice to use as the Ulster Bank app. Logging in on that app is handled much better. You register to use the app once and then you can log in using a single 6 digit pin. It's much faster while still being secure.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your feedback and if you have any other comments please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Will it be available in the US app store?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is it possible to log in with two separate accounts?

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback and questions.

Regarding the app being available from the US app store, no it is only available in Ireland and the UK at present.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement