Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone app?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Hi?

My current accounts and credit card show up, but my savings accounts aren't there. Is this standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi OwaynOTT,

I will check this out for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi CardinalJ,

The accounts that are available to view through the app are current accounts, demand deposit accounts, term loan accounts and credit card accounts that are registered for 365online. Some deposit accounts available to view via 365online are not currently available on the app. If you have any issues viewing an account please contact banking365 on 0818 365 365 to make sure it is set up correctly for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi OwaynOTT,

The first time you log into the Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking App you will be asked for your exsiting 365 online User ID, password information and 3 random digits from your 365 PIN. On any occassion after this you will not be required to enter your User ID for this App. For this reason if you have two seperate profiles for 365online, we suggest you use the app to access your primary bank account/s.

Thank you
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Hi CardinalJ,

The accounts that are available to view through the app are current accounts, demand deposit accounts, term loan accounts and credit card accounts that are registered for 365online. Some deposit accounts available to view via 365online are not currently available on the app. If you have any issues viewing an account please contact banking365 on 0818 365 365 to make sure it is set up correctly for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Thanks Linda.

My savings account all appear on the main site, they're regular saver accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭jamesd

Great to have this app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

an date for android?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

Wow BOI you couldn’t even launch two apps at the same time. Am happy for the iPhone customers who have an app, but you would have taught you would have launched the Android app at the same time, the same as any big Company would do.
    Android app is down as coming soon, the Visa\Debit card was down as coming soon last year and still users don’t have it.
    You really do treat your customers with contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

harolds57 wrote: »
    Wow BOI you couldn’t even launch two apps at the same time. Am happy for the iPhone customers who have an app, but you would have taught you would have launched the Android app at the same time, the same as any big Company would do.
    Android app is down as coming soon, the Visa\Debit card was down as coming soon last year and still users don’t have it.
    You really do treat your customers with contempt.

In fairness lots of places do that. Which I have to say really annoys me, considering there are more Android users than iPhone users. Even public service bodies like RTÉ do, which I think is disgraceful. They should be focusing on the largest platform as the priority, not the most "fashionable" one.

Bank of Ireland is different, its a private company (in theory) so I'm not gonna complain.

Hi everyone,

We don't have an exact date at this moment in time for the android but it is coming soon and we will keep you posted. Deploying android can sometimes take a little bit longer than the iPhone due to the number of different handsets that would need to be tested before issuing. Once we have issued the android app, subsequent updates will be launched more in line with the iPhone app timeframes.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

We don't have an exact date at this moment in time for the android but it is coming soon and we will keep you posted. Deploying android can sometimes take a little bit longer than the iPhone due to the number of different handsets that would need to be tested before issuing. Once we have issued the android app, subsequent updates will be launched more in line with the iPhone app timeframes.

Thanks
    Linda

Sorry but a Lame excuse. Also with all your statments/posts perviously why didnt you draw Android users to the fact that it would be a different launch date for them, might even be a different year with Bank of Ireland track record. Ulster bank were able to launch the Iphone and Android apps at the same time along with an app for Blackberry, are you forgetting about blackberry users or they getting one in 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

harolds57 wrote: »
    Sorry but a Lame excuse. Also with all your statments/posts perviously why didnt you draw Android users to the fact that it would be a different launch date for them, might even be a different year with Bank of Ireland track record. Ulster bank were able to launch the Iphone and Android apps at the same time along with an app for Blackberry, are you forgetting about blackberry users or they getting one in 2014?

Where does it say that they have to launch for both platforms at the same time? Most people have one handset or the other - how would you feel if BOI had the Android app ready to roll but held it up for a few weeks because the iOS app wasn't ready to be launched? Probably with the same righteous indignation you're displaying here.

As the BOI rep. said, there is a whole heap of Android handhelds out there, a far bigger variety of h/w than for iOS so regardess of user population, it's far easier to develop and test an app for Apple than it is for Android because you don't have the same number of variants with Apple that exists for Andoid.

Hi harold57,

Whilst I do understand where you are coming from, at this time we don't have an exact date for the Android launch but it will be soon. Likewise, we intend to launch a touch browser which can be used by blackberry users but have no date for this yet. We will post the dates when they are confirmed.

Thanks
    Linda

coylemj wrote: »
    Where does it say that they have to launch for both platforms at the same time? Most people have one handset or the other - how would you feel if BOI had the Android app ready to roll but held it up for a few weeks because the iOS app wasn't ready to be launched? Probably with the same righteous indignation you're displaying here.

As the BOI rep. said, there is a whole heap of Android handhelds out there, a far bigger variety of h/w than for iOS so regardess of user population, it's far easier to develop and test an app for Apple than it is for Android because you don't have the same number of variants with Apple that exists for Andoid.

Perhaps you should read my posts before you incorrectly jump to conclusions. Nowhere that I’m aware of does it say they have to launch both platforms, but Bank of Ireland did say both platforms would be released, my point was they didn’t point out the fact that the Android app wasn’t going to be at the same time. In fact Bank of Ireland don’t even know when it’s going to be launched or they would have said so. There timeframe for the launch is soon, unless you know more than them, maybe you’re running the show in there? you said it’s in a few weeks, believe you me a few weeks in bank of Ireland terms can be anything up to a year. Ask the people that have been ringing the bank last year about the Visa/Debit card and they will tell you about bank of Ireland time frames.
    It makes business sense to launch all platforms at the same time. When the smart phones arrived a lot of the places built apps for the iPhone and then came along with an app for Android. Now tell me one big organisation or medium size organisation that builds apps for iPhone first now and then later for Android.
    Bank of Ireland are playing catch up, apps for banking have been out a long time with the other main Irish players and even in catch up mode they can’t get it right. There customers have waited long enough for an app why couldn’t they have just got them ready and then launched them.

Finally you should really read the charter covering this forum, there’s no need for you to come back with un quantifiably answers to questions or incorrect information unless you’re an agent of Bank of Ireland and in that case please identify yourself just as Linda and the rest of the Bank of Ireland team do, otherwise your just wasting peoples time and carbon emissions . There are plenty of other places on Boards.ie to discuss your thoughts or well at least post your thoughts but please leave this forum for Bank of Ireland to get back to their customers. If you feel the need to reply back to me please do so by PM so as not to tie up the Bank of Ireland forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Any chance of a Windows Phone app or will we have to use the same touch for blackberry users?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Diddy Kong,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. At the moment there are no plans to launch a dedicated Windows app.

We are however working on a touch browser which will be compatible with the Windows phone OS and should have the same functionality available to Blackberry users. We will post here if we have any further updates.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Any update on the launch of the Android app?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of the android app, as well as my visa debit card ;) it's an exciting time in personal banking.... I'm such a loser haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

dmn wrote: »
    I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of the android app, as well as my visa debit card ;) it's an exciting time in personal banking.... I'm such a loser haha ;)

as am i, it'll make things much handier, just wish they'd hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

as am i, it'll make things much handier, just wish they'd hurry up!

I'm taking the delay as a sign they won't push out one of those horrible ported-from-iPhone Android apps. They're the worst.

They don't take advantage of iOS features cause you're not using iOS. And they don't take advantage of Android features because they're just mindlessly copied from the iOS version.

And I'm not talking about deep-level integration like notifications, and NFC. I'm talking about those apps where they have an on screen iOS-style "Menu" button, while the physical menu-button that 99% of Androids have, does absolutely nothing. That kind of app. Not only is it frustrating and difficult to use, but I think any Android user will agree this is not a professional-looking app.

They're also the most notorious for force-close issues etc. I certainly wouldn't trust their security for banking anyway.

Like I said, I'm taking the delay to mean BoI aren't going to release that kind of crapp. (BoI: If your developer is developing something that looks like that example, its not a good app, and you don't have a proper Android developer)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Please see this thread re Android app.

Thanks for all your feedback regarding the iPhone app and your questions.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Hi Diddy Kong,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. At the moment there are no plans to launch a dedicated Windows app.

We are however working on a touch browser which will be compatible with the Windows phone OS and should have the same functionality available to Blackberry users. We will post here if we have any further updates.

Thanks
    Pat

Would the Blackberry app work for blackberry phones without touch screen?

I own a BB Bold 9700 with OS5.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

No plans for a BlackBerry app? I guess BlackBerry users should just move there bank account to Ulster Bank, they have an app for us BlackBerry users.

Hi Galego,

Thanks for your question.
    I will check this for you and get back to you asap.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

hi Linda,

I would like to know if it is possible to publish the app on stores others than the UK and Ireland ones (in my case the French one).

My iTunes account is historically a French one and I cannot change because all my purchases have been done with that one. I believe there are several potential customers in the same situation.

I believe publishing the app on the App stores for every existing country can be done in a matter of minutes and doesn't cost any money, so there should be nothing holding BoI from doing it right?

Thank you very much.

Hi Bob24,

I have passed on your suggestion and feedback to the mobile team. We plan on looking at deploying the app in other countries, but have no dates for it as of yet. We will of course keep you updated once we have dates and times.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Hi Linda,

have you heard anything back in regards to the BlackBerry app?

Any idea about its release date and which models it will support?

Thanks.

Hi Galego,

I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner; I am still looking into this to see if and when one will be issued to customers.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hi Bob24,

I have passed on your suggestion and feedback to the mobile team. We plan on looking at deploying the app in other countries, but have no dates for it as of yet. We will of course keep you updated once we have dates and times.

Thanks
    Linda

Perfect, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Galego.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately, we will not be developing a specific App for the Blackberry.

We are however working on a touch browser version which will be compatible with most native touch browsers. The Blackberry handsets we will support are those running OS version 6.0 and above, using the native Blackberry browser. We hope to deploy this shortly.

Hope this helps.

Laura

Advertisement