Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saving documents in deadalus building

Options
  • 04-04-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

i spent hours on an essay in the first big room in the deadalus and saved it, then when i tried to open it wasnt there/ i couldnt find it?? also, its the room where when you try and open your documents they arent there.. how can i get the essay back??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It's in your Connect Files in UCD Connect.

Ask at the desk for help if you can't find the document.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

looked there bud, couldnt find it :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Can you remember where abouts on the computer you saved it? Was it on your H drive ('My Documents' is in your H drive)?

Go onto a UCD computer and search through your H drive (the drive that's named with your student number) and see if you can find it.

In future, open a dropbox.com account (free) or similar to backup your files online. Also get a memory key and save it on that. Email the file to yourself as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Same thing happened me before there. One of the guys at the front desk was able to find it in temp files afair.
    Do check your h drive first though. On the IT services tab - bottom right hand side 'my files' H:Home Directory. Not sure if that is the same thing as connect files but worth a try I guess.
    Hope you find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Ìf you said "Save" and didn't change directory then, it's probably under H:\Documents. We can't tell, obviously - it will be wherever you put it, so you need to take control and put things where you need them to be. The H: drive is "your" space on the UCD system.

On UCD PCs, the normal Search system has been disabled, but you can install a file manager of your own and use that to search: get CubicExplorer Portable and install it to H: or a USB key, then you can search H: for your file.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
Advertisement