Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how many hours a day do you spend on boards.ie ?

• 04-04-2012 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity how many hours a day do people spend on this?
    all day , an hour , 10 hours ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

ALL of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I find it very hard to spend a lot of time here in one sitting. I just have it bookmarked and intermittently look at the front page for interesting sounding topics every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's a bit hard to quantify really. My work has me in front of my computer for good chunks of the day, often the whole day as I've not set hours. Often I'll be logged in to Boards as well, sometimes glancing at it every few hours, other times checking regularly if there's some interesting threads. Particularly in periods like this one where I've lots of work I should be doing, I'll read and post a lot to avoid getting anything done.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I find it very hard to spend a lot of time here in one sitting. I just have it bookmarked and intermittently look at the front page for interesting sounding topics every now and then.

Yep, same. Along with following a few threads i like to check in on now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

It's a bit hard to quantify really. My work has me in front of my computer for good chunks of the day, often the whole day as I've not set hours. Often I'll be logged in to Boards as well, sometimes glancing at it every few hours, other times checking regularly if there's some interesting threads. Particularly in periods like this one where I've lots of work I should be doing, I'll read and post a lot to avoid getting anything done.

Procrastination is a curse of the royals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Procrastination is a curse of the royals ;)

Sometimes it would be nice to be like one of the little people and have some back-breaking labour to fill the boredom of the day!

Just for a day, mind you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I never visit boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Reckon there's a handful on here who are just logged in permanently going by some of the post counts/join dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

25 hours a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Always open in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Pretty new to these parts and I'm trying to rattle a few cages so quite allot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

About tree fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

If I am off work (like I am today) and I am spending the day inside then it is open in the background. Checking ever now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Quite a few. It makes it easier to avoid spending my time productively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I prefer to dissect the day by topic views rather than hours.

That should give you an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Sykk wrote: »
    About tree fiddy

Not too much. Not too little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The lights maybe on but I'm not always at home .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Never heard of it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Always have a tab with boards open on the browser for my phone, so I basically am generally always on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

so I basically am generally always on.

awwwwwwwh yeeeeeeeahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

3hrs approx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

0. I don't have internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Always check in most days,depends what I am up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I have a boring job. So I'm on it about 7.5 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

24 hours a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Depends on how much time I want to kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It is at times a useful time filler / killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Pretty new to these parts and I'm trying to rattle a few cages so quite allot.

You're doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

yeah i just keep it open when im on the internet, so around 3 hours a day. Although when studying in college, i sometimes go on it procrastinate as well:)

Advertisement