Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with a new rig!

Options
  • 04-04-2012 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello everyone. I'm new at the forum, this is my first post. I'll explain my situation: I'm moving to Ireland this friday, and I'm looking to purchase a nice gaming rig. I was thinking of going with Alienware, since it was a long dream of mine, but upon further (and fortunate) reading around here, it seems it doesn't really pay off. And I saw how helpful everyone is, so I guess it doesn't hurt to ask for help, seeing as I'm very outdated on my hardware knowledge (I've been exclusively console gaming for the last 3 or 4 years). Given that explanation, here's the details:

1. What is your budget? €800. As in this thread, having options for future upgrades would be quite nice.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mainly games. Currently I'm playing Blacklight: Retribution, but I dig a lot of FPS. Will play Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, and other current releases. I actually play a great variety of games, but with a focus on FPS mostly.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yep.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No. Since I'm moving here from Brazil, I'm only bringing a netbook with me.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes, but that wouldn't be included in the 800 price range. I was thinking of going with a nice Full HD TV set, on the 22'' upwards range, but I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions you gentlemen might have.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Not necessarily, as I'm thinking of buying a gaming mouse. Any generic keyboard and speakers would suffice. I intend to buy a Razer Nostromo and a decent mouse with some non-offensive pricing. Again, suggestions are welcome from you wise and kindred spirits :D

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes, although I have no experience with it. Would be glad if someone could help with this. The beer is on me.

8. How can you pay? All those options, plus the good old "in cash".

9. When are you purchasing? In about 30 days (maybe a little earlier if my visa gets clear).

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I have a few skills on setting it up, but again, if someone could help, I would be much obliged. And as in item 7, the beer's on me. Or soft drinks whatever you prefer :cool:

Comments

Advertisement