Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's Easter Eggs gone crap

Options
  • 04-04-2012 6:05pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else noticed that the Cadbury's Easter egg chocolate has gone from the lovely rich chocolate that we know and love to a grittier, less tasty version?

That lovely Cadbury's signature that used to be inscribed on the inside of the eggs has gone too :mad:

First the Christmas Roses and now this..

RAGE.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I ate a "medium" one (i.e. about 65 grams of chocolate :rolleyes:) and felt quite sick after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Cadbury's have been cheaping out on their chocolate for a while now by replacing a lot of the dairy with soy. Gack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Going downhill the last few years, the take over by Kraft won't help improve quality. I find it too sweet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Agreed, however I find the Dairymilk bars you buy in the shops are still lovely.. It seems to be just 'Holiday' chocolate that's suffering :mad:

They know we're going to buy in bulk at Easter and Christmas..

Feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

All the chocolate you get in Easter Eggs and Selection Boxes is made in the UK. Also any multipacks. Cadbury chocolate manufactured in Ireland tastes way nicer I always think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

xzanti wrote: »
    Agreed, however I find the Dairymilk bars you buy in the shops are still lovely.. It seems to be just 'Holiday' chocolate that's suffering :mad:

They know we're going to buy in bulk at Easter and Christmas..

Feckers.

Might have something do with the factories they use for seasonal lines, at the moment chocolate production with Cadburys is pretty fragmented throughout different factories with factories producing a core line of bars then some seasonal lines. Last time I heard Coolock seasonal line was the 99 flake because they produce the Flake Bar and Timeout and have the necessary flake machines. They also do these bars

th_bf83c27eab4975007aedef45a04190a1_1326300426try2.JPG

which I suspect is the chocolate you like.
    When they centralize production I dread to think of the quality of chocolate if they move production to UK. Better off just buying the large chocolate bars with the produced in Ireland symbol like on the above.

I always found the chocolate in Easter eggs was pretty cheap except for Lindt or the over priced high end eggs. Some of those kiddies easter eggs like Barbie borders a crime to the taste buds with the poor quality chocolate they use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I wish they still did those special eggs they had 3-4 years ago. There were 3 different types, quite large in dense cardboard packaging, really good quality all 'round. I think they had a smaller egg inside, and they definitely had the sweeties inside, where they belong. They were perfect for greedy-guts like me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^ They were lovely alright.

That doesn't sound strange at all. It's well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gin Fizz

I have not been able to eat cadburys roses for a long time now. I don't know what they have been putting into the sweets but it doesn't agree with me at all and I used to love all that type of chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

Also, what happened to the taste of creme eggs? Had one with an Easter egg (first time having one in a long time) and they aren't nearly as nice- especially the white part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Cocoa prices gone through the roof.

Chocolate has less cocoa and more something that isn't cocoa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

Does anybody else get annoyed when the serving size of an Easter egg, as mentioned on the back, is a 1/4 of a shell?! Do they seriously believe that people will only eat that? :eek:

They must think we have great self-control....

You read the back of the box? :eek:

All things nutrition-related should fail to matter at Easter. And Christmas. And birthdays. And any other such celebratory occasions.

You read the back of the box? :eek:

All things nutrition-related should fail to matter at Easter. And Christmas. And birthdays. And any other such celebratory occasions.

I know, I know, 'tis a disgrace!!!:o My conscience gets to me:p I just eat the whole egg anyway;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

In general though a lot of it is now down to price, Tesco were selling medium eggs 3 for 4 euros so something had to give. I stayed away from this though and went for the higher quality stuff, which was a hell of a lot cheaper than previous years (lindt, butlers etc).

ebbsy wrote: »
    In general though a lot of it is now down to price, Tesco were selling medium eggs 3 for 4 euros so something had to give. I stayed away from this though and went for the higher quality stuff, which was a hell of a lot cheaper than previous years (lindt, butlers etc).

Yeah, now that you mention it, that is a likely reason. Although, I thought that it was the fact that they reduced the packaging that caused the lower prices. Remember when it was 3 eggs for €9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 stacey25

no, they same old same good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I got a Green&Blacks Easter egg from my other half and it was savage!

A pox on Cadburys you peasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

aren't they all the same company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I don't like the way the cups are so small. I used to love getting eggs with the cups in them but they are tiny. You can't get a decent cup of tae in one. You have to bring the pot with you.

Advertisement