Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentation in support of PhD Application

Options
  • 04-04-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm currently finalising an application for a PhD to Maynooth and must post copies of my degree transcripts. However, it states that "Copies of originals must be certified as true copies".

Does anyone know how one gets copies of transcripts certified as true copies?

Many Thanks,
    Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I'm not sure about transcripts, but I know that for example with copies of degree certificates, your university can issue a letter or statement with the official stamp on it and so on, saying that this is a true and accurate copy of the cert.

With transcripts I imagine it's something similar? Perhaps your copied transcripts need to be stamped/signed by the university, to indicate that you haven't changed anything & they are accurate.

Check out the alumni section of your uni's website, as they usually have an explanation regarding getting true copies of degrees, transcripts etc.

Here's an example of what I was talking about: http://www.tcd.ie/vpcao/administration/records-awards/certification-of-qualification.php

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sionnachrua

If you get your transcript from Humanity House, the place where the fees and grants office is, they stamp it for you. I assume that's all that's needed!

Advertisement