Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to kilkenny city...cheapest way?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi guys, Just wondering what the cheapest way of getting to Kilkenny from Cork on a week day is-Bus Eireann prices are just far too high for me... Does the aircoach pass through it by any chance?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

a bus eireann mid week return kk to cork is about 25€ a normal return is about 32€. other than that unless you're a student and have a student card you won't get between the two much cheaper bar thumbing / buming a lift part of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

The aircoach drops you in Durrow, 15-20 mins from kilkenny by car. Or at least it used to anyway in my day - maybe the motorways changed that.

JJ kavanagh busses might be worth a look - maybe google them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Hi lads, just wondering if there is a feeder bus for customers to transfer from McDonagh St to the city centre and if so how much if the cost isint included in the train fee ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Hi lads, just wondering if there is a feeder bus for customers to transfer from McDonagh St to the city centre and if so how much if the cost isint included in the train fee ???

No theres not but the station is practically city centre.

Probably a 5 minute walk to High St

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Cheers its for the mammy, anytime i've been i always drive cheers pal/lassie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Cheers its for the mammy, anytime i've been i always drive cheers pal/lassie

No bothers. 5 mins may be a little on the short side, but somewhere betweeen 5-10 min walk

Advertisement