Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Continuing Pain after recent dental visit

• 04-04-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I went for a filling, lower back, a week ago. A rather unpleasant experience to be honest as treatment had to be halted a couple of times to give more anesthetic.

Anyways since the visit I have had daily pain from that area. I can push on the area with my tongue and fingers without discomfort however it is extremely sensitive to cold. Have avoided eating on it, however, today tried chewing on a piece of banana and it gave great pain, though, I think that was because the banana was cold.

Any advice on what the problem could be ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

deep filling, just taking it's time to settle maybe. the fact that you're still sensing temperature means the nerve is just irritated from the procedure.
    if it starts later that heat sets it off, and cold helps ease the pain, then you will probably need more work, as that's a good sign of the nerve dying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 frankyman

deep filling, just taking it's time to settle maybe. the fact that you're still sensing temperature means the nerve is just irritated from the procedure.
    if it starts later that heat sets it off, and cold helps ease the pain, then you will probably need more work, as that's a good sign of the nerve dying off.

Thanks ballsymchugh for replying, good to know, hopefully will settle over time

Advertisement