Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massey Ferg 165 clutch query

• 04-04-2012 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I think the clutch may be on its last legs, but I dont really know too much about tractors and am reluctant to order one without at least clarifying some issues which I am unsure about.
    Its a 1976 model with a 212 Perkins engine and we have owned it for over 30 years. The clutch has been adjusted a few times but as far as I know it still has the one that it left the factory with, we have never changed it.
    The tractor tears going into every gear, and you have to let the clutch pedal right up before it bites. Also when using the pto for anything, the tractor must be turned off, pto engaged, and then restarted.
    We have a much neglected smallholding that we are in the process of sorting out, the only work the tractor has done in the last 10 years is to draw 6 loads of turf and stack a hundred bales per year.

*What kind of clutch do I need and where would be the best/cheapest place to purchase one? Someone mentioned a dual clutch???
    *The tractor also leaks a drop of oil out of the back axle, would this be a seal possibly? Is it a hard fix??

Thanks in advance for any help, Im sort of at sea as this is far from my 'field' of expertise :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

I think they have a dual clutch and it needs to be adjusted in tandem with the pto. By the sounds of it though, you will need to fit a new one. Sooner the better or ya will grind the sh*t out of the splines in gearbox.

Advertisement