Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Detailing Product??

• 04-04-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

I've had it in my head to ask everyone this question, but since it would probably have been messy in the previous single thread and got lost, I didnt bother!

But now that we have the fancy prefix, I said I might as well!!! :D

So, whats your favourite detailing product at the moment? The one thing you wouldnt be without, something you love as it has many uses, basically whatever you always have on the shelf without fail! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Autogylm HD Wax. Om nom nom nom nom nom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Meguairs Last Touch detailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

At the moment...Menzerna PF2500 -PO205S Medium Cut...the stuff is magical :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Owen wrote: »
    Autogylm HD Wax. Om nom nom nom nom nom.

Yeah, have to say, I'm very, very impressed with AG HD Wax!

Heard all the blurb that it was a top end wax, and that with the amount of development that went into it, that it should have been at the top end of the market with the expensive waxes, such as Swissvax, Zymol etc, etc. Thought it was AG marketing dept going overboard. Reckon had it been marketed by either of those it could have been a €100 - €150 a tub wax.

It is a great wax; easy on, easy off, gives great protection - exactly what you want out of wax!!
    It deserves a bigger price tag, but unfortunately for AG, their brand image isnt exactly luxury!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Wheel woolies. Completely overpriced for what they are, but they do a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

A sponge

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

BX 19 wrote: »
    A sponge

/thread

adult-spongebob-squarepants-costume-sm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Megs APC is up there for me when it comes to versatility.

edit: I'm liking my Der Wonder drying towels too and Sonus large mf's are particularly nice but not used too often.

I suppose second on the most versatile list would be boggo spec mf's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭Vexorg

What do you guys favour for exterior black plastic trim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Glip tone without question.

Close second would be Hi- def and 3rd would be poor boys wheel sealant for the smell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Another vote for AG HD Wax here, love the stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Regarding the Auto Glym HD Wax. Was passing halfords and decided to pop in to price the HD WAX. They have a Buy one get one free offer on car cleaning chemicals, so you get two kits (Wax, applicators and a microfiber buffing towel) for €60.49. If you can split the deal with someone its only €30.25 per kit which seems fairly good value.

Offer is only available until Monday and you get a €10 gift voucher which can be used between 10th and 30th April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

As a simple product I'm liking the Hybrid V7, gives the car a nice shine between waxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Vexorg wrote: »
    What do you guys favour for exterior black plastic trim?

If you want to try a cheap fix, a heat gun can work a lot of the time, but you do run the risk of damaging the plastic in the process.

G-Techniq Trim restorer

After seeing what that can do, there's no point using anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Gary ITR wrote: »
    As a simple product I'm liking the Hybrid V7, gives the car a nice shine between waxes

Have you any pictures of your car after using this? I ordered some with the group buy for the kestral as sometimes I just don't want the hassle involved in polishing up the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Have you any pictures of your car after using this? I ordered some with the group buy for the kestral as sometimes I just don't want the hassle involved in polishing up the car.

Lost my phone so all pics gone unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DubDetailer

Clay - reason for this is it really opens up peoples eyes to an actual clean car!

Snow foam aswell, bit of fun and helps get rid of grit, also gets into all gaps and shuts!

HD wax is great but anyone else love Extra Gloss Protection, great product!!!! Not expensive either....

But the best has to be 2 buckets, 2 grit guards and 2 mitts! Keep those swirls away....

Used Megs Body Solvent for the first time. Holy crap. It's brilliant at lifting tar etc.

I then used it to remove the remnants of tint film glue from the front windows that I had previously spent hours on with petrol before giving up.

It also very successfully removed the remains of some double sided tape a prev. owner has used to stick on the rear plates.

I'm well impressed.

I also lost a layer of skin from my hands though ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Tardis, effortless removal of tar.
    Meguiars last touch, very versatile product.
    Poorboys world natural look dressing, my favourite product for dash and trim.

Yes, the poorboys dressing is the shniz. Good on seatbelts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

For me, as a booster wax it used be turtle wax wax it wet but that has changed to Lucas slick mist.

As a proper wax I can't be without Meguiar's NXT or Gold Class.

I have ordered Iron Cleanse from an amateur detailing crowd in Dublin :pac: and I'm hoping that'll be another favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

For me it has to be Wolf's Body Wrap.
    Apply. Leave for 30 mins
    Wipe off.
    Enjoy the freedom of just wash and dry for several months.
    Brilliant tack :D

^^ you must have shares in that place :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My Clay,

That is all :D

E39MSport wrote: »
    ^^ you must have shares in that place :p

Ironically Jesse has the same surname as me.

Unfortunately no relation to me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Couldnt believe the beading that Wolf's BW gave....gone off my car now almost - but that was one coat back in early Oct!
    Going to give my car a light once over with the polisher, but dont know what to protect it with until next winter, when I will definately be using Wolf's BW again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I actually really like Meguires endurance tyre gel. It really finishes off a cleaning session and the bottle lasts for ages.

Curran wrote: »
    Couldnt believe the beading that Wolf's BW gave....gone off my car now almost - but that was one coat back in early Oct!
    Going to give my car a light once over with the polisher, but dont know what to protect it with until next winter, when I will definately be using Wolf's BW again.

I would go with BW again. Summer & Wax = Dust magnet :o

gpf101 wrote: »
    I actually really like Meguires endurance tyre gel. It really finishes off a cleaning session and the bottle lasts for ages.

I actually find endurance gel ok but not a patch on CG New look trim/tyre gel
    Outlasts the Megs stuff 10 fold

http://www.cleancar.ie/chemical-guys-new-look-trim-tyre-gel.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Must check that out...

Advertisement