Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few quick questions about pharmacy tech course

Options
  • 04-04-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, ive an interview on monday the 23rd for a place as a mature student on the pharmacy tech course, just have a few quick questions i was hoping you guys could answer them

1. is the east campus just across the road from the main campus, I had a look at the map on the AIT website but its not very clear

2. Does anyone know what the time table is like for the course, is it a full time monday to friday course or only a few days a week

3. Are there any mature students on here that would be will to tell me a bit about how they found the course

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

I'm not in the course, but -

The East campus is located across the road from the retail park with Smyth's/Heavins, just before lidl.

Also, as I said I'm not in the course, but I do tutor chemistry to some of the first year pharm. tech students. Just be warned, the chemistry is quite tough if you've never done it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

AaronEnnis wrote: »
    I'm not in the course, but -

The East campus is located across the road from the retail park with Smyth's/Heavins, just before lidl.

Also, as I said I'm not in the course, but I do tutor chemistry to some of the first year pharm. tech students. Just be warned, the chemistry is quite tough if you've never done it before!

thanks for the directions

Chemistry isn't one of my strong points but at least i have some warning now of what im facing

• Registered Users Posts: 5 macadamia nut

Hi there, Im a gradutae from the pharmacy tech course in AIT, I graduated in 2009. The east campus is just across the road from the main campus. I have to say its a fantastic course with excellent job prospects. I have had no trouble finding a good job as a pharmacy technician in Ireland and Australia since finishing.
    Its a full time couurse Monday to Friday. The first and second are on average 25 hours a week. On a friday you would finish up at around 1pm. Which is very manageable in comparision to some other courses. First year subjects such as chemistry and biology are the equiqilant to ordinary level standard in the leaving cert. You shoud get the ordinary level leaving cert past papers and familirise yourself with some of the work. All the subjects in first year are started on a basic level for people who may not have studied them before. Second year goes into further detail of the subjects covered in first year.
    There were around 10 mature students in my course and they all seemed to enjoy it and graduated. The lecturers are very helpful in AIT aswel. A great third level college and course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Hi there, Im a gradutae from the pharmacy tech course in AIT, I graduated in 2009. The east campus is just across the road from the main campus. I have to say its a fantastic course with excellent job prospects. I have had no trouble finding a good job as a pharmacy technician in Ireland and Australia since finishing.
    Its a full time couurse Monday to Friday. The first and second are on average 25 hours a week. On a friday you would finish up at around 1pm. Which is very manageable in comparision to some other courses. First year subjects such as chemistry and biology are the equiqilant to ordinary level standard in the leaving cert. You shoud get the ordinary level leaving cert past papers and familirise yourself with some of the work. All the subjects in first year are started on a basic level for people who may not have studied them before. Second year goes into further detail of the subjects covered in first year.
    There were around 10 mature students in my course and they all seemed to enjoy it and graduated. The lecturers are very helpful in AIT aswel. A great third level college and course.

thanks for the information macademia, good to know that you found it easy enough to get a job

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bheart65

Hi all,

Just wondering if many/any guys or mature students study this course and is there a work placement included in it?

Also, I just wanted to ask Macadamia if the qualification is directly recognised in Australia or do you have to take some form of conversion course? Also, how easy would it be to get sponsored over there?

Thanks for your kind attention.

• Advertisement
Advertisement