Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your thoughts on these CCTV systems, any good?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Was just googling around for a basic CCTV system 4 camera set-up for a residential house
    What would you chaps think of these. They seem quite good value to me but I know nothing about CCTV:o I got a quote for 1900 from one company for a 3 camera set up but thats a tad out of my budget!
    I know you get what you pay for and all that so are these toys or are they ok for home use? Not sure if im allowed link to adds if not please delete the links mods.

Kits 650Gb -1000Gb memo
    ry DVR (Recorder)with remote/network access, which can view 4-8 cameras live over the internet, and up to 2 months playback(with audio) recorded events. Outdoor/indoor color HIGH RESOLUTION SONY 540-700 TV LINES VARIFOCAL or FITTED lens,weather and vandalproof ,INFRARED, perfect night vision cameras. From 650E. Warranty, nationwide , including installation and internet/GSM connection settings FOR REMOTE ACCESS.

Surveillance your property LIVE on iPhone, iPad, mobile, using Apple. Window Mobile, Android, Blackberry or Symbian applications. Any laptop or computer, wherever you are.

Beware of low quality equipment being currently sold on the open market e.g.cheap camera set with image sensor below 500 TV LINES.

Existing systems: upgrade, repair.

Spy microphones LIVE and speakers.

3G Routers with Mobile Modem to allow an Internet access in Areas with poor reception.

http://dublin.gumtree.ie/c-Stuff-for-Sale-tv-dvd-vision-photo-CCTV-4x-CAMERA-RECORDER-crystal-picture-remote-access-install-W0QQAdIdZ368094206

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/otherhouse/1785262

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OK lets have a look at the gumtree one first
    HIGH RESOLUTION SONY 540-700 TV LINES
    So which are they? 540 is not high resolution, 700 TVL is good.
    VARIFOCAL or FITTED lens,
    Again which?
    Varifocal is better.
    By experienced in banking security installations Engineers
    Found that bit a bit unbeliveavle, especially when following by a mobile number. Lads involved in high end would hardly be bothered .
    Overall the info is very vague & I would be sceptical....

On donedeal

Includes High Resolution Day/Night waterproof Cameras 640TvLines
    with Infra Red/Zoom Lens
    This looks fairly good

Networkable High Spec DVR with 500-1000GB HDD

view your premises on the internet

1 year warranty

A Home CCTV Security Systems...Can

* View up to four cameras on screen simultaneously.

* View your home live using the Internet.

* Record video evidence of incidents as they happen.

* Find and replay recorded video quickly and easily.

* Date and time stamp your recorded video.

Everything else here is bog standard.
    Do these systems include a monitor, cables, plugs, a UPS ?
    May end up costing more than you think.
    Also could not verify if they have digital watermarking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I agree with KoolKid as above, secondly you pay for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Resolution isn't everything when deciding on a camera.
    I'd prefer a 480 or 520 tvl camera that worked well in low light, had back light comp and other customizable features than a standard 700 tvl .
    Have a look in the sticky for reputable suppliers or try cctv direct

Advertisement