Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye creams

• 04-04-2012 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Are there any good eye creams for lines under the eyes? That would make them disappear or not noticeable.

I went browsing through boots today and there's so much and so expensive. I didnt know what to get.

I saw things in tk maxx but they didnt have much brands I recognised. Does anyone know if their stuff is good? They didnt have alot of stuff either.
    I did see nivea eye cream that had a uva and uvb filter, so thought that would be ok as most eye creams dont have sun protection. But it was for older people, 40+. Does that matter.

Or what about using normal moisturizer under the eyes. I did buy some face cream with spf in tk maxx. I feel so old, its olay but it was cheap and I didnt have any face creams with spf.

Comments

I use an anti wrinkle eye cream from la roche posay, I honestly can't tell you if it's good! I've no wrinkles but it mightn't be th cream :D

Clarins do an instant eye smoother. It's amazing, but it's an instant fix, I don't think it has any long term effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Avon eyecreams are actually quite good. I use one that has a gel for over your eyes/brow bone and a cream for under the eye. No wrinkles for me but the dreaded dark circles are harder to get rid of:(
    Oh and never use a normal moisturiser under your eyes the skin is too sensitive and use the finger next to your little finger (ring finger) when applying eyecream as it has the softest touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

im finding benefits eye cream fantastic! i had a small dark circle under my eye that's completely gone since i started using it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

shot2go wrote: »
    im finding benefits eye cream fantastic! i had a small dark circle under my eye that's completely gone since i started using it
    Love Benefit:D Must give their eye cream a go. Ooh La Lift is great for a quick fix for dark circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

I really love there new skin care range! and there fake eyelashes!!
    i must try Ooh La Lift next! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Clinique's all about eyes is brilliant. Really helps the dark circles I find.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123070921999_-1

I'm using the anti-gravity cream and it is sh!te. The only reason I'm using it is because the lady at the Clinique counter in the UK gave it to me instead of the all about eyes. Waste of money, in my experience.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123070901599_-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I used to buy all sorts of expensive ones but last time I was broke and I spotted a lacura one in aldi for €3 or something ridiculous like that. I'd guess from the packaging that it's made by Nivea as its Q10.

It's fine; no better or worse than the ones I spent €30-40 on.

I honestly don't think you can reverse lines with creams. You just have to keep the skin moisturised.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolyta

I found the All About Eyes from Clinique quite good as well. It is pricey (about 32 euro... I think) but that little jar lasted me the guts of 9 months using it twice a day everyday. You use such a tiny amount of it each time, that it takes quite a while to make a dent in the jar!! :)

As for using normal moisturiser under your eyes - DONT! the skin under the eyes is far more delicate than the rest of your skin and it will only end up having the opposite result. The formula is too rich and the skin will only get puffy from it. The same goes for overdoing on eyecream - a little goes a long way! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dermalogica Multi Vitamin Power Firm cream. Buy it on www.jerseybeautycompany.co.uk. I have not used it in a while as i have had to downgrade some of my skin care due to lack of funds but its really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

I used to buy all sorts of expensive ones but last time I was broke and I spotted a lacura one in aldi for €3 or something ridiculous like that. I'd guess from the packaging that it's made by Nivea as its Q10.

It's fine; no better or worse than the ones I spent €30-40 on.

I honestly don't think you can reverse lines with creams. You just have to keep the skin moisturised.

+1 for the Lacura eye cream. I remember reading that it rated very well in a blind testing so decided to give it a go. So far so good, at least I won't be out much money if it isn't as effective as time goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I use this one from lancome http://www.makeupandbeauty.ie/eye-cream-review-lancome-renergie-yeux-multiple-lift/

I've been using it on and off for a few months, nothing has improved but nothing has got worse either... I have been able to see fine lines for the last year.... :( im not yet 32..

I dont suffer with dark circles so hardly ever use the concealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I have lines plus dark circles and so far i've tried :

Benefits eye cream : did absolutely nothing for me, was glad i had only bought the minis, was a complete waste of money

Origins ginzing eye cream : this has light reflective particles to make your eyes look better but is only instant fix, it fades away and doesn't produce any long lasting results

Dior hydra life sorbet : really hydrating, felt gorgeous on, would be my favourite for texture and how it sinks in. Did a lot for dark circles and made me look more hydrated but did minimal for lines

Caudalie eye cream : very hydrating, about 25 euro, hygenic tube. Can't complain, does exactly what it says

Dior xp eye cream : got a sample of this thaat i've only used once. It promises visible results on wrinkles in an hour. I wore it under make up so didn't notice a difference but maybe its without make up? Worth asking for a sample though.

Lancome precious cells absolue eye cream : supposed to be lancomes best but burned the eyes off me, left me with rash like eyes after i cleansed it off. Only had it on for 30 mins!!!

Clinique all about eyes : slight difference.

All in all i only think the caudalie and the dior hydra one were worth the money. Tbh i think i will check if caudalie have an anti wrinkle plus hydration one and give that a bash. Even though i got it in harvey nicks i think the price was very fair, cheaper than all the others and worked well! The most expensive was the lancome one and that was the worst one i tried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

slowmoe wrote: »
    I have lines plus dark circles and so far i've tried :

Caudalie eye cream : very hydrating, about 25 euro, hygenic tube. Can't complain, does exactly what it says
    SLOWMOE: I agree with you about the hygenic tube. I was searching for trial results/test results on moisturizers and eye creams. In a couple of sites they said that some of the more popular brands were not included in the testing simply because they were in jars as opposed to tubes/pumps. They stated that the active ingredients in these creams are broken down when exposed to light. Furthermore, constantly putting a finger/hand into a jar of cream was introducing bacteria to the product, which is obviously not good. Personally, I am not qualified to substantiate these claims, but they do seem to make sense? From now on I will only buy creams in the tube/pump format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I think it depends on the user. If you are someone who washes their hands once a week and you're sticking your finger into a pot of cream twice a day then of course you will transfer germs. Tbh i use a cotton bud for anything in a jar, then throw cotton bud away. I don't think a jar is going to be wrecked because you open it for 10 seconds a day. But i always either sterilise my hands or use cotton bud to get product. The tube/pump just makes it easier tbh. But i know a few yrs ago having cotton buds and using them would have been too much effort for me so i wouldn't have gotten something with a jar then. You need skincare to fit in your schedule you know?

But i think that caudalie one is fab for the price and i think its natural so def one to repurchase. The tube is also easier for travelling, as glass jars carry more weight. I'm def going back to harvey nicks and seeing if caudalie have an anti ageing version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Avon eyecreams are actually quite good. I use one that has a gel for over your eyes/brow bone and a cream for under the eye. No wrinkles for me but the dreaded dark circles are harder to get rid of:(
    Oh and never use a normal moisturiser under your eyes the skin is too sensitive and use the finger next to your little finger (ring finger) when applying eyecream as it has the softest touch.

+1

I'm using an Avon Solutions eyecream and find it great. Avon usually has deals on with their Solutions range so you'll usually save money when purchasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

SLOWMOE - Yes, I use the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and I find it very good. Smells so fresh and adds a dewiness to the skin that is wonderful. Bought it online, so glad to hear that Harvey Nics stocks this brand. Other than La Roche Posay, Roc and Vichy, does Harvey Nics stock any of the other French pharmacie brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

I've been using Clinque's All about eyes cream and I've found it really good. This was the first eye cream I've purchased so I'm not too well educated on them lol.

However I ordered one from Avon and tried it out last night and I was really surprised - I expected to see a dramatic difference, poor quality etc when compared to Clinque but I honestly didn't - will give it a go and hopefully make a little saving :) Its the one with the gel for your brow and cream for under eye.

My sister has been using Benefits and she finds that good.
    I've never tried any of their skin care rang but LUV their blushers :)

Advertisement