Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Airplanes

• 04-04-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed they're louder than usual and flying lower too the past couple of days, I'm not sure if it's to do with the weather or not, rather annoying hearing it every 5 minutes to be honest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Has anyone else noticed they're louder than usual and flying lower too the past couple of days, I'm not sure if it's to do with the weather or not, rather annoying hearing it every 5 minutes to be honest

Trying living in North Dublin, you probably notice it more because you don't get as much overhead traffic as here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Actually noticed that myself. Could be planes circling before coming into land in Dublin maybe due to the wind and rain recently?
    Just tune them out, if you let them get to you it'll be harder to block out the noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's because of the northerly winds we've been having recently, which means they take a different approach as planes always land into the wind. Usually winds are from the SW so they come in over the Irish Sea and you won't notice them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

+1

Think of it like charity to the Northsiders OP, giving them some shortlived respite. They have to put up with it the other 340 days of the year. :D

Advertisement