Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need PC Repair or Diagnotics in Dublin

Options
  • 04-04-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Shtory,

I'm fairly tech savy. Built a nice gaming PC online. I've repaired it manys the time identifying faulty hardware, reinstalling windows, optimising. I work as tech support for the console and pc gaming industry. I know what I'm doing.

Just getting that out of the way before I get to the problem. I need someone with kit and experitse rather than basic tips. I can't identify the root cause.

Before and after a reinstall, the system boots to the Windows 7 splash screen and goes no further. Sometimes it pulses, the odd time it freezes there. Always needs a hard reset or power off.

I've isolated as much as I can lazily. I've disconnected all memory except for the system drive (new Western Digitial SATA 750GB, high spec) and 1 stick of RAM. (A 2GB DDR2 Corsair xms2). System Partition approx 100GB in size.

POST shows nothing. Old motherboard with dual core AMD 64bit in it. Runs quick.... I dunno.

I need someone with all the diagnostic tools to isolate if its a circuit fault or bad sector or general motherboard issue. I'm out of ideas.

.... And most of all, I need it done cheap if possible!

Cheers

Dave.

Comments

Advertisement