Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird things you do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

foxyboxer wrote: »
    I refuse to drink soft drinks because I think they have too much sugar/calories.

Yet, I'll quite happily drink pint after pint which is probably far worse health-wise.

:rolleyes:

Its the aspartame in soft drinks thatll kill ya

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭crank_1975

I say "I'm gone" out loud whenever I trip (which is quite often) even if I'm on my own. Did it on Grafton St the other day and got some funny looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I talk to objects in my room and ask them questions.

I have this dance I do throughout the day, kinda involves clicking my fingers and wiggling a bit. Have another dance I do when I get out of the shower to dry myself.

I make up songs to convey my feelings and sing them out loud when nobody else is around. Most common one is one I sing at the bus stop asking why the bus is not here, I'm very cold.

Otherwise I'm fairly normal, probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sometimes when talking to someone, I imagine in my mind inflicting crazy pain and violence on them - like ramming a pencil I'm holding in their eye or slamming their head on a table.
    I've never carried out anything like this and happens even to people I love dearly.

I probably need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Sometimes when talking to someone, I imagine in my mind inflicting crazy pain and violence on them - like ramming a pencil I'm holding in their eye or slamming their head on a table.
    I've never carried out anything like this and happens even to people I love dearly.

I probably need help.
    Yes. Do this all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Say and occasionally wave goodbye to my poo as it flushes down the loo.

I generally take a look and 'rate' my output. For example yesterday I dropped a 'BFL' - a Big F***en Log, or earlier this week I dropped a Rough One.

Also the odd scratch and sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

i have to count stairs when walking up or down them. even if i'm with someone, i cant follow their conversation because I have to count.

i like counting when I brush my teeth too....

..... i wouldn't mind but i'm sh!te at maths :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

cassElliot wrote: »
    i have to count stairs when walking up or down them. even if i'm with someone, i cant follow their conversation because I have to count.

i like counting when I brush my teeth too....

..... i wouldn't mind but i'm sh!te at maths :pac:

why do you count stairs?

I day dream of zombie apocolipses :(

i reall hope one day i get to put a pick axe threw the head of one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Another one for the even number volume thing but 15; 25; 35 is ok, 11 too obviously!

Also duck the head going under barriers, etc.

When on the web at home I have four tabs that I always keep open in a cetain order. Browser must always be on full screen.

Weirdest one is probably this:

Make sure not to step on the lines in the footpath and count the steps in between trying to ensure it's an even six or whatever each time and having to take an extra large or extra small step in order to keep on track!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

When I am sitting on the loo I imagine the weirdest scenarios, such as if me and my friends all gained superpowers...

I must watch the trailer on the DVD before I watch the movie (which really annoys my friends as often it gives away the best bits of the movie)

I must always sleep on the right hand side of the bed, and always must be big spoon

I cannot look at left handed people writing

I must always put in my left contact lens first, and put on my left sock and left shoe first

I say the word elaborate far too much, as in many times a day...

I abuse the word "like" far more than anyone else I know (and I know a lot of people who are always doing it), to such an extent that I put it at the end of my sentences in texts and on facebook, and boards like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

I also whenever mind mind wanders, no matter what I am thinking about, or how inappropriate a situation I am in, even if I am terrified walking through a dodgy alleyway, I sing "Build Me Up Buttercup" out loud without even realising I am doing it... Only was informed of this when I started working in an office and was told that I was singing while I was working all day and asked do I actually know any other songs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Davyhal wrote: »
    I cannot look at left handed people writing

Finally I thought of one!! :D I cannot look at people washing their hands. or even think about it. i just did, and it made me shiver :o hate the feeling of rubbing my hands together when they're wet. well my two palms moreso...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Whenever I fill up my car with petrol, there is this little part of me that worries the car is going to blow up when I turn the key to start it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

davy78x wrote: »
    Whenever I fill up my car with petrol, there is this little part of me that worries the car is going to blow up when I turn the key to start it again.

I drink the petrol, but this is completely normal surely

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

TV sound has to be on 46 or 54, depending whats on. 46 for programmes, 54 for sport and films.

Surround sound has to be 23.

Can't be late for anything, ever. Get anxious if being late is a possibility.

Have to sit on the far right. Everyone else in a room has to be on my left. If at a meeting and dont get my choice of seat if will effect how much I interact at the meeting. I will arrive for meetings as early as possible to get to pick the best seat.

Tea break at 09:55, lunch at 12:55. Go past 10:00 or 13:00 and I may skip completely (Someone might have taken my seat!!!).

Can only drink out of a pint glass at the part where there is no logo. Did this subconsciously for years until someone pointed it out to me.

I see the number 52 everywhere, but 8 is the best number. 4 is ok and 16 is also quite good. I add numbers up to see what they finish at, i.e. 12345 would be 6 which is no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Omeceron wrote: »
    TV sound has to be on 46 or 54, depending whats on. 46 for programmes, 54 for sport and films.

Surround sound has to be 23.

Can't be late for anything, ever. Get anxious if being late is a possibility.

Have to sit on the far right. Everyone else in a room has to be on my left. If at a meeting and dont get my choice of seat if will effect how much I interact at the meeting. I will arrive for meetings as early as possible to get to pick the best seat.

Tea break at 09:55, lunch at 12:55. Go past 10:00 or 13:00 and I may skip completely (Someone might have taken my seat!!!).

Can only drink out of a pint glass at the part where there is no logo. Did this subconsciously for years until someone pointed it out to me.

I see the number 52 everywhere, but 8 is the best number. 4 is ok and 16 is also quite good. I add numbers up to see what they finish at, i.e. 12345 would be 6 which is no good.

Raymond Babbit, is that you :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

when I go shooting I say "bye now" in a northern accent even b4 I take down the grey crow , mag , duck , whatever.

I also dont believe that blood is thicker than water, if ive an arsehole of an uncle ,aunt etc Im always the first to admit it ,

ps , my uncle is a F U C K I N G ARSEHOLE !!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

When I'm in the car and bored I always talk to myself in Ian Paisley's voice, have it down to a tee now.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Raymond Babbit, is that you :eek:

Definitely not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

When I'm walking, my right foot has to step on the surface I'm on before my left can touch a different one. That makes it really hard walking along paths that have been ripped up over and over again and replaced with a different type of thing. Also I can't step on drains, even the fully covered ones.

I count syllables in sentences, and they must always be an even number.

Numbers on dials have to be even, also.

I have to spit in the sink of every lavatory I go into, even if it's just for a quick moment to get a tissue.

I collect wads of my hair that I brush out and skin that I peel off.

I construct detailed events inside my head of how I want reality to be like. It's always really normal, only better because life in my head is pretty awesome.

And I always use two emoticons.

There's more, but it's annoying counting a post this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I add up the numbers on cars' license plates as I'm walking along the road - 20 (say, 08 LK 3162) is the ideal target but any multiple of 10 is good really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I can't touch bathroom door handles after I've washed my hands :eek::eek::eek: Lets face it some people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom so I can't help but think about all the germs on those door handles.

If I'm using the toilets at work or a public toilet, I usually wait for someone else to open the door :o:o:o or if I have to open the door I wrap my hand in toilet tissue so I don't have to touch the handle. :o:o:o

My mother does the same, she uses her elbow to open the door though, to avoid any hand contact whatsoever!

I like to pick my fingernails when I'm bored or nervous, I also trace a word that I've been thinking about or a word that someone has said on my hand. I really do not like it if my food is touching, but only if it involves chicken, potatoes, sweetcorn, peas or carrots. I always leave a little bit of shampoo or shower gel in the bottle when I start a new one. I also leave a little bit of my drink at the bottom of the glass. I'll leave it there for now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

i follow people late at night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

EdenHazard wrote: »
    http://static.entertainmentwise.com/photos/Image/200justinbiebertongue.jpg

I always do that hand sign when i see someone, why i dont know, wonder does anyone pick up on it? i just do it without thinking

It's because it'd be awkward to do it with your foot.

Posting weird posts is something I regularly do, I don't know why...

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

I use a spoon to butter toast, in my defence it's much more effective than using a knife !! (tears the bread, I like my bread likely toasted :p)

I only eat white pudding raw (delicious)

And if I'm sitting at a table everything on the table much be a certain distance from me or I start feeling kind of claustrophobic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I also leave a little bit of my drink at the bottom of the glass. I'll leave it there for now ;)

Ha ha I do that too, for me it's because for some reason I think it's backwash, I know gross !!!

It's just the same as the rest of the drink :o

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

whiskeyman wrote: »

I probably need help.

I get that sometimes too. My most common one is I imagine myself throwing a cup of scalding tea in their face but sometimes it's the pencil thing you've described. I also catch myself imagining all of a sudden hurling a heavy object at the television and smashing it to pieces, if I'm watching a film/TV with someone else. Other times it's simply a shove - down stairs, into water (if we're near water) out onto traffic. I'd never do any of these things, and it's not even the case that I want to do them, but I can't help imagining it in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

When I'm in the car and bored I always talk to myself in Ian Paisley's voice, have it down to a tee now.

:o

I live alone and talk to myself a lot, but sometimes I have to tell myself to shut up because whichever accent I'm using at that particular time (I have a large selection ranging from actual accents to total fabrications) is starting to really get on my nerves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

I smear **** on myself and dance around looking at myself in the mirror calling myself a crazy basta*d

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jenndudess79

The like button on face book.

challange acepted.

I hit the "Like" button far to much.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I shit in my girlfriends handbag while she is asleep and deny all knowledge in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

mrs crilly wrote: »
    If one hand gets wet i need to wet the other hand. I cant just dry the one wet hand.

How do you wet the second ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

MugMugs wrote: »
    How do you wet the second ? :D

I touch it with the wet hand, I know your game mugs :P:P:P

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    I get that sometimes too. My most common one is I imagine myself throwing a cup of scalding tea in their face but sometimes it's the pencil thing you've described. I also catch myself imagining all of a sudden hurling a heavy object at the television and smashing it to pieces, if I'm watching a film/TV with someone else. Other times it's simply a shove - down stairs, into water (if we're near water) out onto traffic. I'd never do any of these things, and it's not even the case that I want to do them, but I can't help imagining it in my mind.

I think that is supposed to be a symptom of OCD, I was reading about it once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭carrick79

I won't sit at the bar if it means there are people either side of me, I would rather stand.

I hate talking to people on my right, for some strange reason it makes me feel ill :confused:

When I enter a restaurant or bar for the first time I will immediately look for where the toilets are. I never need to go, but I get anxious if I'm not sure where they are in case I need to.

Whenever I take food from the fridge I will smell it before I use it. Used to drive my mother crazy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭veryangryman

1. This thread you started shows you looking up pictures of Justin Bieber

2. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77843090

This thread you started shows that you look up to Niall Horan off One Direction.

3. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77639528

This thread you started states how desperate you are to be famous.

4. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77555118

This thread you started states how you want a haircut like Olly Murs, also off One Direction

5. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77373726

This thread you started shows you wishing Justin Bieber a Happy Birthday

6. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76990958

This thread shows you calling out for more followers on twitter. Hoping to become an online celebrity EdenHazard?

7. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76673128

This thread shows you wishing Jason Derulo a full recovery.

8. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75812620

This thread states that you look up to Justin Bieber.

Ok I don't like to attack people on this forum or call people out but you EdenHazard really are a sad act! Based on the picture of yourself you've uploaded on boards before you're a young lad (17/18?) and you've started countless threads about looking up to teenage boy-bands and how you want to be famous. I'm surprised this isn't your weird thing you put on your Opening Post. I'm only a few years older than you granted but I have met no lad, my age or younger who looks up to these clowns. Your obsession with celebrities, especially male celebrities, your age, who you look up to I find if not worrying incredibly sad. They're an embarrassment. They're as manufactured and fake as they come. Maybe I'm being presumptuous and there's only so much I can judge someone from their online profile and maybe I'm just feeling a bit grumpy tonight but you really are the epitome of the reality tv generation and looks like you've really lapped it all up so I pity you. I really do. I'll leave you to go and practice for your upcoming audition of X Factor otherwise I'll be ranting all night.

:cool:

That was a bit mean and uncalled for :(
    I strongly disagree. I would follow up with much worse about him but allowing for the rules of boards ill let you imagine what I'm thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think that is supposed to be a symptom of OCD, I was reading about it once

Weird. I wouldn't have thought I have any other OCD traits.
    It's good to hear others have the same odd thoughts... or maybe just means more of us need help!

Another weird thing I do - whenever eating a sandwich / roll with a bar and crisps, I'd usually have a bite o the sambo followed by some choccy followed by some crisps... and repeat. Most of my mates think I'm weird as they would eat the sambo first, and leave the bar for after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

crank_1975 wrote: »
    I say "I'm gone" out loud whenever I trip (which is quite often) even if I'm on my own. Did it on Grafton St the other day and got some funny looks.

Laughed out loud at this.... on the train.... :o Thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

I bite my nails and when I bite a bit off I like to chew it with the same two teeth over and over!

I automatically refuse invitations to social situations first then think about it and might change my mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I strongly disagree. I would follow up with much worse about him but allowing for the rules of boards ill let you imagine what I'm thinking

Haters gonna hate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate!

Just ignore them EdenHazard.

Always remember WWJD... (What would Justin do?)

WWJD my friend.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I sometimes pretend to be a dog when I'm with my dog. I howl with her, bark at her..its really funny she always acts really confused or else gets super excited and starts running around the house and going crazy:)I also sing,dance and talk to my dog and sometimes i pretend to be really angry with her and start shouting random things really loudly and she just gets confused and doesnt know what to do and rolls over:p...anyone else do this or else maybe I just have too much spare time on my hands:D
    I always pretend to be dead or badly injured around my dog to see what she does.
    I always speak in different languages and accents to my friends/family whomever Im with on holidays in other countries so locals think I'm from somewhere other than Ireland...why I do this I dont know:o

I HAVE to fully cocoon myself in my blanket in order to get to sleep. I cant fall asleep unless every part of me bar my head in completely wrapped in blanket, nothing else can touch outside air. And if i get hot, I stick only my right leg out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I have to be hugging a pillow when I sit down on a couch or else I will be very uncomfortable. Like so except not in a depressing way her- http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-71237488/stock-photo-depressed-teenage-girl-hugging-pillow-in-bedroom.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Whenever I'm in a car and there's a window open - I have an urge to throw my phone out. I have no idea why and I've never gone through with the idea and actually thrown it.
    I speak to myself in my head a lot. Like whilst I was writing this I kept on saying "this isn't true, well actually it is, since I've just gone and discussed it with myself." And when I'm planning something I try to pitch the idea to myself in my head.
    Paintings always have to be straight. And I can't stand bad quality audio/video. I always have to wait for 720p at least to load on youtube or else I feel weird watching it. And if I'm somewhere and the music being played isn't EQed properly I'll have to go over and either ask can I fix it or just sneak over and fix it. Apparently a weird thing I do is laugh whenever someone makes a joke, someone pointed this out to me kind of recently, I basically pity laugh at everyone, all the time. I noticed that this is actually true that like when I go to a comedy event I rarely rarely laugh, or if I'm on the computer I never laugh aloud, but as soon as a person makes any sort of joke to my face, or someone is aware that I'm in a situation whereby I could possibly laugh - I'll laugh. A lot.

I'm surprised how many of the things listed here that I do pretty much all of the time.

I'm probably going to be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i sing about random stuff when im alone even about something that i am doing.. i make up my own tune and sing randomly about anything

i too often imagine doing something violent to people when im talking to them

also when im on my own at home i act out these random situations that i know will never happen

i cant touch chicken at all and i am so paranoid about getting salmonella that i wash anything that has touched by chicken about a million times over

every time i see those homeless people in Dublin who spell out stuff on chalk on the ground or when i see the guys making the sculptures out of sand i cant help but imagine me destroying them i mean stomping on them viciously!

i dont like leaving my room when my housemate has friends over

i also dont like watching tv when my mum or dad is in the room....i dont know why??

i like to talk in strange accents or voices when im alone and i sometimes i do it to random sales assistants...just because

ok i think thats enough weird/crazy things to mention :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Seachmall wrote: »
    That's another thing I do, typically when frustrated or emabarrassed.

They're phrases as opposed to conversations, and typically along the lines of "I want to fuck a monkey" or "I want to shove my penis into a midget".

Very strange indeed. Don't know why I do it.
    Seachmall wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant "Dr. King".

On another note, the internet has informed me that my saying of random things when frustrated is indicative of ADHD, Tourettes Syndrome, Schizophrenia and Cancer (?!).

Go me!

Jeez! Tough break chief.:(

It can't be an easy situation when you're hoping that all that's wrong with you is that you like to ride small monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

smash wrote: »
    Whatever I eat, chips, crisps, nuts etc. I always pics out the nicest looking ones to eat first.

I always eat the least nicest ones first... like with a bun Ill save the icing for last. Its like I have to earn the good stuff! Wrecks my head then when someone swoops in and takes the nice biscuit but I cant say anything cos Im stuffing my face with the "inferior" ones o get them out of the way... Grr!

Yup...weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I have this thing that if i was in town or somewhere the has modern pavements that i can only cross over the lines in the path with my left leg.... im left handed and left footed , i know someone that does this too and they are left handed also.

when im out i can rarely stand still , always doing something let it be silently whistling , do a beat with my hand or feet or simply just rocking back or forth...

Eating cornflakes id break them up before i pour the milk it and let them go all soggy .. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Bite/pick at my nails and pull 'strips' off the top of them. I try to stop, and have done so for a week or so, then just give up and bite them down to the level they were before. It's really annoying, but I can't stop :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

TrixIrl wrote: »
    I always eat the least nicest ones first... like with a bun Ill save the icing for last. Its like I have to earn the good stuff! Wrecks my head then when someone swoops in and takes the nice biscuit but I cant say anything cos Im stuffing my face with the "inferior" ones o get them out of the way... Grr!

Yup...weird...

Yep. I'm the exact same. If I'm eating a sandwich and a packet of crisps, I always leave "the big crisp" (there's one in every packet of Tayto) until last. Drives me mental when someone just casually eats the crisp I've been saving for the glorious finale of my lunch.

Advertisement