Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird things you do

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I have staring competitions with the dog.

If I'm on a rail platform or the edge of a great height, I'll look down and think 'wonder what would happen if I jumped? Oh yeah... I'd die'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

And you want me to pick just one thing, when just about everything I do is best described as.. mumbojumbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

carrick79 wrote: »
    I won't sit at the bar if it means there are people either side of me, I would rather stand.

I hate talking to people on my right, for some strange reason it makes me feel ill :confused:

When I enter a restaurant or bar for the first time I will immediately look for where the toilets are. I never need to go, but I get anxious if I'm not sure where they are in case I need to.

Whenever I take food from the fridge I will smell it before I use it. Used to drive my mother crazy...

does that mean i can sit in your seat ??!!

I love rubber duckies but only the red ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

i sing about random stuff when im alone even about something that i am doing.. i make up my own tune and sing randomly about anything

i too often imagine doing something violent to people when im talking to them

also when im on my own at home i act out these random situations that i know will never happen

i cant touch chicken at all and i am so paranoid about getting salmonella that i wash anything that has touched by chicken about a million times over

every time i see those homeless people in Dublin who spell out stuff on chalk on the ground or when i see the guys making the sculptures out of sand i cant help but imagine me destroying them i mean stomping on them viciously!

i dont like leaving my room when my housemate has friends over

i also dont like watching tv when my mum or dad is in the room....i dont know why??

i like to talk in strange accents or voices when im alone and i sometimes i do it to random sales assistants...just because

ok i think thats enough weird/crazy things to mention :o

you sound like a serial killer and a bit toffee nosed stuck up one lol awha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 wasislos

i sing about random stuff when im alone even about something that i am doing.. i make up my own tune and sing randomly about anything

i too often imagine doing something violent to people when im talking to them

also when im on my own at home i act out these random situations that i know will never happen

i cant touch chicken at all and i am so paranoid about getting salmonella that i wash anything that has touched by chicken about a million times over

every time i see those homeless people in Dublin who spell out stuff on chalk on the ground or when i see the guys making the sculptures out of sand i cant help but imagine me destroying them i mean stomping on them viciously!

i dont like leaving my room when my housemate has friends over

i also dont like watching tv when my mum or dad is in the room....i dont know why??

i like to talk in strange accents or voices when im alone and i sometimes i do it to random sales assistants...just because

ok i think thats enough weird/crazy things to mention :o

Lol fascinatingly funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I get odd urges very randomly. an example would be a child was walking in front of me with his mother, and I got the urge to smack his head. I don't know why. no emotion behind it, no reason for it... just things like that. a fleeting urge.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Every time a person runs/jogs past me I imagine myself tripping them and them faceplanting into the ground in the most painful way possible. And then I get this horrible pang down my spine and have to look away.

Yeah.

And I occasionally talk to myself and catch myself making faces while walking down the street thinking :P

I touch things in a sequence e.g. my fingers where I have to touch the left-most thing last and never touch adjacent fingers one after the other. So the sequence would go like this: right-middle, left-middle, right, middle and finally left.

Writing this down has only made it seem even more absurd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Wetai wrote: »
    Bite/pick at my nails and pull 'strips' off the top of them. I try to stop, and have done so for a week or so, then just give up and bite them down to the level they were before. It's really annoying, but I can't stop :/

I do this all the time. Its especially annoying when I go too far and they start bleeding. Its f*cking sore too. Can't stop myself doing it though.

I also sometimes refer to myself in the 3rd person when talking to myself, in particular when I've just done something stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

stankratz wrote: »
    :eek:
    Please lay down the flamethrower Immaculate Pasta! Apparently you were going for the 'tough medicine' approach but that was harsh, and hey maybe that's just how you roll.

EdenHazard, don't be afraid to dream. I'm finding it hard to find a good word for these 'peers' you look up to, but we all need someone to aspire to. I'm sure you'll grow out of that phase and if you don't it's absolutely nothing to me, Immaculate Pasta or any of the other personalities here, so in other words - do whatever the eff makes you happy yourself. Just if you are dreaming beyond the norm of being famous, know that it won't happen unless you get up and make it happen and apply yourself endlessly to a skill/art. Plus you have to actually have a talent in the first....wait, wtf did I almost just write?!? It's 2012, of course you don't have to have a talent just to be famous. Depends what kind of fame you seek. Anyway, hope you learned the hard lesson IP served you about what you put on the internet. Scathing as it was, that was like the message board equivalent of 'Sodom and Gomorrah', fúcking hell!

Thanks pal, like I always say, my fans are like my glasses without em' I'd be blurry

*realises that stankratz probably is not a fan'

I do like these people, I find it weird that if I posted like pictures of someone from the Beatles nobody would probably have a problem.
    I seen a post on the thread where one of the Dubliners died recently, and I think Brummytom had a post that got a lot of likes about how he looked up to them. In my opinion that is weird because for me the Dubliners is old lad type music, but that just my opinion so who am I to say anything. If they inspire you that's all that matter. Whatever brings you joy :)

I'd wanna be famous, not for the sake of fame or to be rich, just so I could say 'look at me now' for 1 second, where you prove everyone that ever doubted you, looked down on you wrong! Got bullied in primary school so think thats where this need to be vindicated comes from.
    I'd 99.9 per cent say I won't be but its better to think big :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

micropig wrote: »
    you sound like a serial killer and a bit toffee nosed stuck up one lol awha

i have a toffee what stuck up where?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

I do this all the time. Its especially annoying when I go too far and they start bleeding. Its f*cking sore too. Can't stop myself doing it though..

I've done that since i can remember, on fingers and toes, either picking away at them or peeling strips off, dont know why, just get some sort of comfort from it..

as a kid could never walk on the grills in the footpaths in town, the ones that are over the cellars, be walking with my mother and would have to jump over them as i thought i would fall right thru and kill myself..come to think of it still dont like walking on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My 12 year old daughter bites her toe nails, I hate walking into the living room and seeing her with her foot in her mouth.... I however don't do any thing weird oh except for wagging my leg day and night, think its called wrestles leg....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 wasislos

critise people then come to the realisation that im like that at times

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I always twiddle a pen in my hand while working, its kinda of like a stress reliever and I've been doing it since my early school years. As soon as the heat comes on or a client is bugging the sh1t out of me I reach for the pen and all is right with the world once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I am obsessed with airplane disasters. I have the boxset of aircrash investigations, I listen to Dublin airport air traffic control when the weather is bad to see if anything will happen, I could spend hours on youtube watching crosswind landings (or boat launches for a bit of variety)

I am also terrified of flying, which may or may not be related to the above :rolleyes:

Ha that is weird, weirder than me doing handsigns anyway. I used to always go on mydeathspace and see myspace members who passed away, fascinated me, maddd eerie. got over that phaze tho

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Any time I walk over a bridge I get an urge to throw my car keys or my phone into the river. One of these days .....

Probably some latent urge to reject this crazy modern technological age and to return to the hills and scratch out an existence eating moss and howling at the moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Rega wrote: »
    Any time I walk over a bridge I get an urge to throw my car keys or my phone into the river. One of these days .....

I always get that urge too!!!

ye or what about walk into oncoming traffic when your walking on the footpath.??? too much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I always twiddle a pen in my hand while working, its kinda of like a stress reliever and I've been doing it since my early school years. As soon as the heat comes on or a client is bugging the sh1t out of me I reach for the pen and all is right with the world once again.
    Is that why your left hand is so deft?

• Advertisement

Another weird thing from me which I remembered today.

Is it possible to have a phobia of footballs? Because I do. Well it's more like a phobia of someone booting one at me. When I hear someone kick a ball near me I instinctively and automatically try to dodge it, even if it isn't going my direction.

Stemmed from a time when I was a kid and some prick deliberately kicked a ball at me, hitting me in the left ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

When I eat a sandwich I always start with the crust first working my way around it and into the middle no matter what's on it
    I used to talk to my car if I'm in it alone especially if I went up a hill and she flew up it I'd always tap the dash and say good girl

I frequently talk out loud to myself and inanimate objects. Always get funny looks from people.
    The other thing i do is make eye contact with strangers and then smile at them. I think people find that wierder than the talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

I always smile at animals. I have no idea why. I'll see a cat or a dog or a bird in the street, make eye contact and smile.

I also have dreams about fighting with people and remain mad at them throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I'm only posting this in hope of finding someone else that does it to!

Ever since I was a kid if I found a piece of hair on me (like fallen off of my head and onto my sleeve) I rub it in my hand between my thumb, index and middle finger and it forms into a ball. I've no idea what, how or why this started but it's been like this since I was a baby! If I see someone with loads of hairs on their clothes I get so agitated because I need to form them all into little hair balls..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I was once contemplated eating cheese but then I said to myself -

"Dave, no cheese!!"

I'll get my coat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Don't read threads, but stick up for the OP regardless.

Leave EdenHazard alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

When bored I can blow little saliva bubbles off the end of my tongue. Only do this when I'm alone I hasten to add :p

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

After wiping my arse with toilet paper after every poo I have a quick look at it, I don't know why or how long I have been doing this or what I am expecting to find. After all I did just have a dump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

D1976 wrote: »
    After wiping my arse with toilet paper I have a quick look at it, I don't know why or how long I have been doing this or what I am expecting to find.

As ya do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

After wiping my arse with toilet paper after every poo I have a quick look at it, I don't know why or how long I have been doing this or what I am expecting to find. After all I did just have a dump

All joking aside if you do this and find blood please don't ignore it....... it could save your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I seen a post on the thread where one of the Dubliners died recently, and I think Brummytom had a post that got a lot of likes about how he looked up to them. In my opinion that is weird because for me the Dubliners is old lad type music, but that just my opinion so who am I to say anything. If they inspire you that's all that matter. Whatever brings you joy :)

I wouldn't really compare The Dubliners to Justin Bieber and One Direction and that sort of stuff, but each to their own!

You can't no, they are nothing alike but the fact is Justin Bieber inspires millions, he has his story, he wasn't born the Justin Bieber we know today. To go back on what I said, I don't mean your thing is weird, its just in my opinion no weirder than those who inspire me. 1D don't exactly inspire me, but they dress cool and they are normal lads living their dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I think it's weird that people don't do this (people don't do this? How do you know when you're spotlessly clean?).

Found the answer to my brother's manky skidmarked-underwear in the washing when we were growing up, I guess.

Advertisement