Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athy Town Anti Household Charge Committee ?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

As above folks can anyone tell me if there is a Branch/Committee in Athy,and if not would there be any interest in setting up a Committee to fight this unfair tax that is being imposed on us by this FG Government,and all the other austerity cuts that are coming down the road,,There are alot of campaigns runner in alot of towns,that are smaller than Athy,and surely with a town the size of Athy there must be alot of like minded ordinary people that are sick of these taxs/cuts,

By the way i would only like to hear from people that agree that this tax is unfair,i dont want to start a discussion on the opinions of people that believe this tax is fair,however i would like to hear from people that may have felt that they were forced into paying it by the threats from the Government,,,but agree that it is unfair,,,,,,I can be PMed if you prefer,,,,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Hi there im involved in the Newbridge/Kildare committee and we were thinking of sending down people to support a group down in Athy. We were just discussing tonight at our meeting whether to head down to help start up a campaign down there but we were unsure whether a group exists. If you want i could pass on contact details to you so we could arrange something.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

PM sent

Bump..

A great local reaction was had last night in Athy to the protest outside the South Kildare Labour Party AGM being held in the town,,plenty of cars beeping and asking for the flyers we were handing out.Maybe people are starting to realise that these Austerity cuts that this Government are imposing on its citizens are unfair...and here to stay,unless we stand up and let them know that we will not accept them and will do everything we can to make them see the unfairness,for the sake of our children,,,and if we do it now maybe it will help the chance in years to come so we wont be waveing goodbye to our kids when they have to emigrate,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think this is very much the wrong forum for political soapboxing.

• Advertisement

Im glad your not a Moderator then///

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Going by the sentiment of the first post I'm not saying the austerity taxes are fair or unfair but wonder what is the alternative to save our country for our present and future generations.

Thanks for your post Joe,,,but im just useing this Topic to see if/what interest there may be in Athy to start a campaign,Im afraid there is no easy fix to the Austerity,,thanks anyway,,

BUMP,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't bump threads. Once was enough, twice is just taking the p.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement