Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are You A Troll?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I think you're missing a decimal point.

You could be right! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ArtSmart wrote: »
    A Troll? No.

Though I do live under a bridge, eat billygoats and have yellow toenails.

But here we call it 'being Lonfordian'.
    Yellow nail varnish is a bitch for staining all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Dudess wrote: »
    Yellow nail varnish is a bitch for staining all right.
    Hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kautostoned

Are there any Trolls out there who have just opened and account and intending to close it after a spot of mischief?

Please spare a moment to share with us, your reasons for trolling, then by all means, close your account and start again.

Many thanks in advance.

Yeah yeah yeah,

I have had many 'troll' accounts on boards.ie. I think it comes down to the fact that I can't bring myself to become a 'proper' rule obeying, full time devotee of the site, like the well known, shall we say 'household name' users (pighead, thezohan, drbollocko, keithm89, kingofmoo, biggins, mikom et al) that seem to devote their lives to boards and spend all their time here. I get bored and quickly find other things to do, then after a while I might venture back onto the internet to cause more mischief. Its harmless fun (even if I'm the only one laughing sometimes) Although I know my last troll account, Choudary, gave plenty of users a good laugh.

The main reason for anyone to troll is of course attention seeking. We know that we will be banned by the mods, but sure its just a bit of fun isn't it?

Now, I wait for KeithM89 to ban me from after hours followed by a site wide ban. It's a vicious circle

By the way, before anyone says it I am NOT sindri. What a c*nt he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Now, I wait for KeithM89 to ban me from after hours followed by a site wide ban. It's a vicious circle

;)

Farewell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Fair play to you. I'd be happy to wager that you play full on dont give a fuc guitar in a punk/metal band as well.

Thanks for the honesty, I'll miss you now you've gone! Adios : )
    Are there any Trolls out there who have just opened and account and intending to close it after a spot of mischief?

Please spare a moment to share with us, your reasons for trolling, then by all means, close your account and start again.

Many thanks in advance.

Yeah yeah yeah,

I have had many 'troll' accounts on boards.ie. I think it comes down to the fact that I can't bring myself to become a 'proper' rule obeying, full time devotee of the site, like the well known, shall we say 'household name' users (pighead, thezohan, drbollocko, keithm89, kingofmoo, biggins, mikom et al) that seem to devote their lives to boards and spend all their time here. I get bored and quickly find other things to do, then after a while I might venture back onto the internet to cause more mischief. Its harmless fun (even if I'm the only one laughing sometimes) Although I know my last troll account, Choudary, gave plenty of users a good laugh.

The main reason for anyone to troll is of course attention seeking. We know that we will be banned by the mods, but sure its just a bit of fun isn't it?

By the way, before anyone says it I am NOT sindri. What a c*nt he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

One day, I'm going to storm a lecture hall in UCD through the door of the tunnels below, dressed as Professor Quirrell, turban and all, and cry that out and then promptly faint. They'll think me one of the dramasoc who lurks below the dungeons of UCD. Troll in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

if a troll falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it. is he still a troll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

beco2010 wrote: »
    if a troll falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it. is he still a troll

If he's not a troll then a troll didn't fall in the woods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

Anyone want a kick in the face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

policarp wrote: »
    Anyone want a kick in the face?

Stop talking horseradich. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you are a racist to trolls, you fat pig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Certainly not over weighty and never be Tracist to Rools, May the Lord of The High Troll forbid, Amen.

I believe James Randi has offered 1 million dollars to anybody who can prove that the troll ability exists. To this date this prize has yet to be claimed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I believe James Randi has offered 1 million dollars to anybody who can prove that the troll ability exists. To this date this prize has yet to be claimed

Is he on boards? If he is il link this thread to him and claim the 1 million. Il then have a BIG party. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, I am but I'm not going to close my account.

Why did you pick up this username? Do you think that sportpeople should be banned if they take performance enhancing drugs?

You have more than 200 posts and only registered in February 2012, sounds like you are trolling a lot.

Yeah Yeah Yeah... whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sykk wrote: »

Damn....

Advertisement