Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xtra-vision Clearanace Sale

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

TomCo wrote: »
    Did the ps3 include a controller?

Edit: The boxed 80gb I got didn't :(

yup was a brand new controller actually. spotless. my 60gig was also boxed in original packaging, i didn't notice any other 60gigs in original boxes. Also I was being charged 200 but I pointed to the flyer that had both versions of the 60gig at 150, so 150 it was !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I was there around the time it opened. All the large TV's went very quickly. there were plenty of 3-series 22" Samsungs and BX2-22 Sonys. Tons of Blu-ray players and as usual the masses were just grabbing and not considering. There was an entire pallet of Sony BDP370's and they were not being touched. Outstanding Player for €60.

They also had a Samsung Bd5300 with eight free blurays which people weren't bothering with as they were under a whole heap of stuff. Again €60...

The also had the student version of Microsoft Office 2010 for €50. iPod Touch 64gb for €230 and plenty of brackets, covers, DvD's etc. I was disappointed with the console selection. €200 for a PS3 160gb slim is not great when the same one is €220 in HMV with a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

That Samsung Bd5300 looks good... crap ! got a sony tv yesterday and should have picked up a blueray player up too. tallpaul... nice one - your review convinced me to go back ! i better leave my cards at home and just take the cash i need :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

tallpaul wrote: »
    I was there around the time it opened. All the large TV's went very quickly. there were plenty of 3-series 22" Samsungs and BX2-22 Sonys. Tons of Blu-ray players and as usual the masses were just grabbing and not considering. There was an entire pallet of Sony BDP370's and they were not being touched. Outstanding Player for €60.

They also had a Samsung Bd5300 with eight free blurays which people weren't bothering with as they were under a whole heap of stuff. Again €60...

The also had the student version of Microsoft Office 2010 for €50. iPod Touch 64gb for €230 and plenty of brackets, covers, DvD's etc. I was disappointed with the console selection. €200 for a PS3 160gb slim is not great when the same one is €220 in HMV with a game.

Got one of these, set it up on my network, it has TV3 player and Youtube as well as some german sites, did a firmware update and was hoping for netflix in it but not to be. There is a way to get it though using UnblockUs DNS settings

I went up with getting a PS3 in mind, disappointed at the €200 pricetag
    €200 for a 250GB Xbox was a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

picked up a nice fujifilm digital camera for 70, checked online and it was selling for 140/150 so got a nice deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Wonder do they ever do these outside dublin, looks like a great place for deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭tall chapy

Went up yesterday, poor selectio n of dvds a lot of repeat dvds..loads of blue ray players, cameras were nikon,Sony and fuji
    The only real value I saw was in digital picture frame,clock radio ipod docking stations, blu ray players
    Dvd there state of play, traito, 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Lot of very old stuff there. Ipods were 3rd gens for example. The eBook readers were quite old. I wonder how good the battery life will be for something thats been sitting on the shelf for 3yrs. The Blurays seemed like a good deal but many of them seemed to be older models, returns etc, considering you can get a new one from 80, 60 doesn't seem that amazing. Was back to return something this morning and its just the leftovers from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

Are many 32 inch TV's left? I know someone that needs a few but can't make it up there today. I wonder if someone in Xtravision be contacted after the event today?

• Advertisement

Any one else get one if those don't touch screen e readers?
    My self and the gf got one each and when we plugged them in, the screen went crazy.,:(
    Got one replaced., see how out goes when I get home and plug it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭lau1247

Wider Road wrote: »
    Are many 32 inch TV's left? I know someone that needs a few but can't make it up there today. I wonder if someone in Xtravision be contacted after the event today?

I got one of the last Samsung Series 4 32" tv (no remote or power cable) for 125 which i think was decent enough considering i can nick the power cable from any old monitor then just need to get a universal controller..

there are quite a few hanspree 42" left at the time..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

Picked up one of those sony blu rays s370's for 50€, as far as i could see it was 50€ flat for all blu rays or so it said on the price sheet

There was the sony 360 blu ray players with 3 movies also for 50 euro

Very happy with the blu ray, brand new unopened and most imporantly working fine

Very disappointed with the console prices, was expecting better

Picked up a few cheap ps3 games, bayonetta, dirt2 and some other one, 3 for 10€ or 5€ each if u didnt buy 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Fwiw went down at 345 and they'd closed the whole thing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Only hearing of this now, anyone purchase any of the N-GAGE games I hear they were selling?

samhail wrote: »
    My self and the gf got one each and when we plugged them in, the screen went crazy.,:(

heh woops... i guess i should have left it charging more... happier now !

edit: just tried the other one we got and it has the same problem... plugged in over night and still stuck on "reader opening book" :(
    Sony prs600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Thread title should say Dublin area and clearance should be spelled correctly.

thebuzz wrote: »
    Thread title should say Dublin area and clearance should be spelled correctly.

why? did you end up in Longford trying to clear an ace ??

samhail wrote: »

I got one and returned it. Reading up on them later it appears, the 600 and the 300 had poor screens. The one I had I thought was quite dim and poor contrast. But all of the older ones when the battery went low wouldn't charge from USB properly. All the forums reckoned you need to charge them with a AC adapter if they were low. I just couldn't be bothered with that. Also at 80~100 they were the same price as a new kindle 4. So its pointless to buy them. I thought they were the same as the current Sony, which is 150. But they aren't.

The one I had, had the garbled screen until it got some USB charging then the screen worked ok. But it would only charge for 5 mins, then would stop. The only way around that is the AC adapter.

The 505 was the only worth picking up and even then it was too expensive, for something that must have been on the self for 3 or more years.

Sapele wrote: »
    Picked up one of those sony blu rays s370's for 50€, as far as i could see it was 50€ flat for all blu rays or so it said on the price sheet

There was the sony 360 blu ray players with 3 movies also for 50 euro

Very happy with the blu ray, brand new unopened and most imporantly working fine

Very disappointed with the console prices, was expecting better

Picked up a few cheap ps3 games, bayonetta, dirt2 and some other one, 3 for 10€ or 5€ each if u didnt buy 3

I should have picked up one of them. The only one that said MKV on the box was the samsung BD-D5300 so I got a couple of them. I was looking for something with MKV and NTFS support as my current philip player doesn't support this. Most MKV's worked when I tried. Fine with memory sticks, but it slowed to a crawl with my 500GB disk after a while. Apparently it supports netflix but I'm having unrelated router problems, so couldn't test that. Neither of mine was new unopened, one had no remote so I returned that. Didn't bother getting another one. They insisted these were 60 each rather then 50.

I have noticed that regular DVD's look a lot better than with my current philips. So it was worth it for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hoarder

docking stations from Xtra Vision are junk. I got this bargain and believe it or not it is better quality than the Xtra Vision one. You have to do the purchase online and then go into the shop on Abbey st to pick it up

http://www.dublincard.ie/offer/?offerid=84&offer=iPhone+4+Docking+Station+%E2%82%AC3.99+instead+of+%E2%82%AC29.90

• Advertisement
Advertisement