Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart....or not so Smart

• 04-04-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Just wondering what peoples experiences have been with SMART Telecom Broadband?

Moving into a new apartment this weekend and want to get the broadband up and running ASAP. SMART have exclusivity on the block so dont really have much of a choice unless i go for a wirless provider.

Any input is welcome. Thanks in advance. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

I found smart telecom's broadband (ADSL) service, worked well and was reliable.

Having said that I have now moved to UPC in order to get higher speeds, but it isn't as reliable as smart telecoms service.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Where are you moving to? (PM me if you prefer, I'm in a Smart building).

Pray to god that they aren't supplying the TV service too, which is truly terrible.

The BB is ok, generally stable and just works. Not particularly fast at 10m/600k and only a 175GB cap, pretty pathetic for a fibre to the basement setup. Magnet offer 100 - 150m in their buildings and UPC 100m.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

bk wrote: »
    Where are you moving to? (PM me if you prefer, I'm in a Smart building)

Just off Grace Park rd, in drumcondra. TV service is with sky so should be alright :)

I rang them yesterday and they offered (up to)24mb download, 350gb of traffic for 34.95/month but there's a 80e installation fee straight up, even though they have the exclusivity rights......hmmmmm

It seems ok to be honest (bar the instalation) but i just wanted to see what peoples overall experience had been. I have been reading some horror stories about magnet and others but cant get them in the building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I just moved from Smart last week (to UPC). I was a satisfied customers for years. Highly recommended (apart from low cap)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

thanks for the replys, hope its smooth sailing with them now :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

bk wrote: »
    I rang them yesterday and they offered (up to)24mb download, 350gb of traffic for 34.95/month but there's a 80e installation fee straight up, even though they have the exclusivity rights......hmmmmm

Hmmm, I'm only getting 10mb, 170GB cap for €35

Advertisement