Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loved this story/ptoto from the Telegraph today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irene818

:) That was an amazing story presenting unconditional love between the hen mother and her adopted ducklings. I think people should follow their example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

This is such a lovely story with a very cute picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 macmor

Very Cute

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

How is she going to teach them to swim? Or will there be
    a generation of ducks that scratch around in the dirt all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Believe it or not, this is fairly common.

Alot of people who keep chickens and ducks find that the ducks don't settle on their eggs. So its just easier to stick the eggs under the clucky chicken. The mother never notices the difference. Nor would she notice if you were to mix and match the eggs under her, so that her babies were all of different breeds of chicken.

I've seen a chicken go plumb mental when her baby duckling got separated from the group.

The average chicken maybe half daft, but they are very good mothers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Going thru the pictures from that link and I love #12

Advertisement