Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line.

Options
  • 04-04-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Does phone line installation cost anything?
    Because, I was told on phone a while ago they wont charge me anything but the broadband bundle price per month, and no installation charges.
    Today tho, I recieved a bill with €49.98 for installing the phone line, and €25.78 for line rental per month.
    Anyone explain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Contrarian

Theres no cost to install a phone line up until June. That 49.98 looks like the cost of broadband for 2 months ex VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thret wrote: »
    Does phone line installation cost anything?
    Because, I was told on phone a while ago they wont charge me anything but the broadband bundle price per month, and no installation charges.
    Today tho, I recieved a bill with €49.98 for installing the phone line, and €25.78 for line rental per month.
    Anyone explain?

Hi thret,

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and I will look into the charges you have been billed.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Thanks for the reply mark, I sent you my eircom acc. number, and wish you would get back to me asap. :)

Still no reply.. Anyone?

Still no reply.. Anyone?

Hi thret,

Apologies for the delay with a reply, long weekend has pushed us out a little. I have checked the account for you and can see that the total of the bill was €31.72. The charge of €49.98 is not stated on the bill anywhere. This tells me that the charge you are looking at is most likely the "Agreement for Telephone Services" form that we send as standard to all customers. This letter is simply stating the normal connection fee however you are not liable to pay this as the connection is on promotion at the moment.
    The bill only issued on 5th April so you may not have received this yet. When you have the bill, if you look under the "service and connection charges" section of the bill you will see and charge of €44.04 and directly below there is a minus for the same amount. This is simply to show the connection fee and then show it being credited back. The total of the current bill covers line rental only from 30th March to 6th May (as broadband has not been connected at the time of the bill being issued)
    I hope this answers your query.

Regards

James (logged in as Mark)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply James.
    And that €31 is charges for what?
    Connecting the broadband?

Thanks for the reply James.
    And that €31 is charges for what?
    Connecting the broadband?

Hi again thret,

The €31.72 covers line rental only from 30th March to 6th May. This starts from the day the lince was connected, up to the day the bill issued and also one month in advance so you won't see another bill until early-mid May. There were no connection fee's for you on this bill, only service charges for the line.

Regards

James

Advertisement