Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants In Dublin City Centre---help me out

Options
  • 04-04-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭

Taking the Lady out for a few drinks and a giggle so I'd like to start it all off nicely. Planning to head in earlyish Sat evening, and was thinking:

FXB Crow St
    Luigi Malones
    Pacinos

Any opinions / ideas?

Also, any recommendations clubwise later? Sick of D2 / Dandelion / etc...!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm a fan of FXB Crow St, though it's worth booking on a Saturday, even early.

Have a look at Bear as well. A fun menu and lots of steak-for-two options. I recommend the bavette. PDF menu here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

Luigi Malones very good...

Crac-bird unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I love Crack Bird too - best chicken ever!

I think Luigi Malones is over rated and over priced, Pacinos can be a bit hit and miss, and is very cramped.

FXBs is one of my faves. I also highly rate the food in the bar in the Bank on Dame Street, not your normal pub grub but not as formal as a restaurant either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I find Luigi Malone's very loud - great for groups, but not so good for romance.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Luigi Malones is grand for lunch, but meh for dinner. Very noisy and cramped.

La Caverna just across the way from it is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 139

Go for Tapas in the Port House on South William Street. Seriously romantic but they don't take bookings. If you are early enough you shouldn't have to wait too long.
    La Maison Gourment is close by. doesn't look like much but the best food and service you'll get in dublin
    http://lamaisonrestaurant.ie/map_location.html
    Lugi malone's is not a romantic restaurant. Great for a work night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Thanks guys I'm looking for a restaurant in close proximity to the Quays (going to Laughter Lounge after, and she'll be in high heels) so sounds like LA CAVERNA's the winner :)

Thanks so much for the tips everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

If it's not too late, I'd recommend Il Vicoletto also on Crow St.

I couldn't recommend it highly enough (check Menupages and Trip Advisor reviews). It's very small and would be the perfect venue if you're aiming to impress ;)

Definitely book ahead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Sugar Free wrote: »

I couldn't recommend it highly enough (check Menupages and Trip Advisor reviews). It's very small and would be the perfect venue if you're aiming to impress ;)

No steak though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Sugar Free wrote: »

Ive just posted a list of 25 late bar and nite clubs in the 30th birthday party post above if youre stuck for anywhere to end up.

As for food, the merchants arch is great. Nice bar and the restaurant is great. Any in the italian quarter. Check out www.menupages.ie it lists over 1500 restautants in Dublin.

After London, Dublin has more restaurants than any city in the uk and ireland, so you should never strugle :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Taking the Lady out for a few drinks and a giggle so I'd like to start it all off nicely. Planning to head in earlyish Sat evening, and was thinking:

FXB Crow St
    Luigi Malones
    Pacinos

Any opinions / ideas?

Also, any recommendations clubwise later? Sick of D2 / Dandelion / etc...!

Thanks

Luagi Malones
    Palace nightclub

Advertisement