Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird hoors you went to school with and how they ended up.

• 04-04-2012 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭

One kid had a permanent ruuny nose and would continually suck it back into his nose while wiping the end of his nose with his sleeve. The sleeve would be rock solid by home time. He's a chef now.

Another lad would pretend to be a dog and actually ate sheep droppings to demonstrate. I thought he would be a method actor when he grew up. Or a buffalo tracker or something. Turns out he's a blocklayer :(

One guy, in secondary school, never spoke for the entire 5 years. What's he doing now? A pr exec.

Another kid had a nervous disposition and pissed himself at least 20 times in the eight years of primary school. Aptly, he's a plumber.

A girl who was a couple of years behind me wore short skirts in primary and no knickers. She's a mum of 6.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

What kind of school did you go to :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

A guy I went to school with had no eyebrows & nobody liked him.

He got run over by a truck and died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I went to school in Swords with this weird skinny kid, with long hair. He was the kind of bloke who usually ended up hanging out of the coat hangers and left there. After a time, he used to talk himself out of it with his quick wit and used to have us in stitches with his stories. His name was Ed Byrne and obviously, he turned out to be a stand up comedian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

You obviously went to a special school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I went to school in Swords with this weird skinny kid, with long hair. He was the kind of bloke who usually ended up hanging out of the coat hangers and left there. After a time, he used to talk himself out of it with his quick wit and used to have us in stitches with his stories. His name was Ed Byrne and obviously, he turned out to be a stand up comedian.
    He must have funnier back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm better now thankfully :)

Naomi00 wrote: »
    What kind of school did you go to :confused:

Normal school.
    Kids are weird sometimes.

Secondary school was full of pretty clever guys. We suspected the guy that didn't speak of having mild autism. Clearly we were wrong. Maybe he had some German in him and was satisfied with how everything was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

A guy I knew at college, not weird exactly, but ... the kind of guy who dressed up as a tampon for Halloween and left the costume on for two days, and whose dealer ended up telling him he needed to lay off the weed ...

... well, he struck oil in Bolivia and is now a multi-millionaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I went to college with a guy that would always get his bits out when p*ssed. In fact, we had a pub crawl one year and i was sitting on the ground talking with a group of friends and he walked up behind me and dropped it on my head. I thought it was someone just tapping me and walking on by till I noticed all my friends' jaws drop.:o

He is one of the guys from Puppetry of the Penis.

Not remotely surprised :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I think it's stranger when people are normal inschool and end up being weird. One girl, hugely intelligent, 590 points etc, but good craic with the brains has since joined a cult and street preaches. Same wan was a bit wild with the fellas in college and now is all about chastity. Mental.

On the other hand we had a guy who could clear the cafeteria with a fart. He never spoke and would definately have been diagnosed with aspergers/autism if they had existed back in the dark ages. He still doesn't speak. It's sad that the support wasn't there back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

michael 'the panda' kelly was a year ahead of me in school. i kind of knew him years ago. he must have lived on sugar because he was always as high as a kite

we all know how he ended up

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

I hated them all and planned their deaths.

They're all still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

They're all still alive.

Failure! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

They're all still alive.
    and writing about you...

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was that weird kid in school. I'm less weird now.

Honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭mezdupmaiden

Normal school.
    Kids are weird sometimes.

Secondary school was full of pretty clever guys. We suspected the guy that didn't speak of having mild autism. Clearly we were wrong. Maybe he had some German in him and was satisfied with how everything was going.

Or....he just didnt like any of you?

knew a kid used to juggle with a hatchet.

'Hatchet', we called him.

and guess how he died?

that's right

cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Trash Ninja

I was home schooled but it turns out that my mother is actually my sister.

Also, I have seven toes.

I was home schooled but it turns out that my mother is actually my sister.

Also, I have seven toes.

Seven on one foot or seven altogether? This is important!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

He must have funnier back then.

Yeah, a LOT!!! He had to use his "A" material on us to save getting a hiding! LOL

• Advertisement

Seven on one foot or seven altogether? This is important!!!
    Which one is less weird?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I couldnt tell ya cos I'm f**ked if I was gonna stay in touch with anyone I went to school with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

We were sopposed to be different and we all were, some of our teachers were far from sane though.

Which one is less weird?
    Toes instead of fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I love when the underdog, odd kids get their revenge. I remember one bloke who everyone just assumed was weird: he had a strange, drawn out accent, wore strange clothes (you'd imagine him going home at 15 years of age then slipping into a velvet dressing gown and smoking a bubble pipe) and just gave off a general strange vibe that nobody quite got.

Then in the Leaving Cert he ended up asking for more pages every day and flying through exams quicker than everyone else. It quickly became apparent that his 'oddness' appeared to be genius at work. Can't remember the exact points he got but it was basically the highest in the year iirc. I'd hazard a guess to say he's doing quite well for himself now.

It was at that exact moment that the idiots who actually thought it was cool to be dumb realised that they'd already ****ed up their lives beyond repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

michael 'the panda' kelly was a year ahead of me in school. i kind of knew him years ago. he must have lived on sugar because he was always as high as a kite

Diabetes?

Toes instead of fingers.

That's a given in my family. The toes for earlobes are pretty neat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Diabetes?

lead poisoning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Haven't kept in touch with many of them because the majority that I went to school with were pure scumbags.I know through reading the paper that three are in prison (1 for rape,one for posession of €2m worth of heroin and one for armed robbery) and five are dead thanks to overdoses, or by doing stupid **** when they were off their heads on drugs.

• Advertisement

That's a given in my family. The toes for earlobes are pretty neat.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I went to primary school with this girl.

Her favorit radio program was the funeral notices.

I rode her last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Went to cub scouts with a guy who we always thought as normal... Aside from the fact, that he used to play X's and O's on his arm with a pen-knife. But aside from that, he was perfectly normal. He's in a mental hospital now and actually looks the part. He didn't when he was younger.. I think all those drugs they feed them changes them.

Another lad put a teacher's car up for sale on the buy and sell because he hated her. He got expelled I believe. He's now got a PhD in economics.

They're all still alive.

So that makes you the weird one then?

Naomi00 wrote: »
    So that makes you the weird one then?
    Please note: This joke has already being made. But better.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Went to cub scouts with a guy who we always thought as normal... Aside from the fact, that he used to play X's and O's on his arm with a pen-knife. But aside from that, he was perfectly normal. He's in a mental hospital now and actually looks the part. He didn't when he was younger.. I think all those drugs they feed them changes them.

Another lad put a teacher's car up for sale on the buy and sell because he hated her. He got expelled I believe. He's now got a PhD in economics.

em, so they have the internets in mental homes now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It amazes me how the guys i thought were fairly smart pissed away their intelligence. A couple of them in particular could have went down the teacher/account/civil servant route and had a comfortable life, but no their in menial jobs.

One guy who was "the smartest in our year", i see him walking around town in a long black trench coat (even in summer), long hair and usually accompanied by similarly dressed people. For all i know he may have a very good job or maybe retired on his millions, but i doubt it.

A lot of fella's found out what their middle leg was for after secondary school and pissed away college drinking and chasing birds.

Senna wrote: »
    It amazes me how the guys i thought were fairly smart pissed away their intelligence. A couple of them in particular could have went down the teacher/account/civil servant route and had a comfortable life, but no their in menial jobs.

One guy who was "the smartest in our year", i see him walking around town in a long black trench coat (even in summer), long hair and usually accompanied by similarly dressed people. For all i know he may have a very good job or maybe retired on his millions, but i doubt it.

A lot of fella's found out what their middle leg was for after secondary school and pissed away college drinking and chasing birds.
    You make it sound like a bad thing.

JUst remembered the guy who flipped the lid one day in third year. He arrived into school with a belt around him that contained shotgun shells and looked decidedly...erm...affected. Our French teacher walked in, and the lad walked up to him and panned him out with a box and left with the words expelled following him down the corridor. A very Irish Columbine type incident.
    Anyway, two years ago I saw him bouncing outside a pub in Dublin.

I found drinking away with my middle leg gave my cystitis something rotten.

JUst remembered the guy who flipped the lid one day in third year. He arrived into school with a belt around him that contained shotgun shells and looked decidedly...erm...affected. Our French teacher walked in, and the lad walked up to him and panned him out with a box and left with the words expelled following him down the corridor. A very Irish Columbine type incident.Anyway, two years ago I saw him bouncing outside a pub in Dublin.
    ah, the aul drugs. gets em in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

ArtSmart wrote: »
    ah, the aul drugs. gets em in the end.

He must have been trying out his new nike air max.

He must have been trying out his new nike air max.
    could just be a superstoner....

;)

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Please note: This joke has already being made. But better.

*been

heh heh :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Senna wrote: »

Hmm yeah, you've got a point, sure as the old phrase goes: "you can't do well for yourself if you wear a trenchcoat and have long hair. Especially in the summer."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Did yis call him Panda back then or was it just the Sunday Worlds worst ever made up nickname? (although I guess some other bloke they nicknamed Lex Looter probably takes that title in truth)

Apart from the ones from school who I am FB mates with I wouldnt have a clue.

Mind you, I am nearly more interested in the fates of one or two lads I knew who do not have a facebook and mutual discussions have revealed that nobody has seen them since the last day of school (not awful loners or anything, I mean lads who back then had a decent amount of friends. Like if 5 lads from my old school were talking Im sure at least one would know second hand where I roughly am in the world....but some lads just seemingly vanish). I imagine most of them went to a college in a fairly rare part of Ireland/ UK and just completely localised themselves there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

there was a weird kid at our school

Me:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

One of the biggest **** I've ever met sat beside me in physics for 2 years. I always wondered what would come of him. Turns out he actually died of a cocaine overdose a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

One kid had a permanent ruuny nose and would continually suck it back into his nose while wiping the end of his nose with his sleeve. The sleeve would be rock solid by home time. He's a chef now.

I remember a guy like this in primary school, thankfully not in my class. In that case he took the blue pill and instead of becoming a chef became a petty criminal and was battered to death in a Dublin park about 10 years ago.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

A girl who was a couple of years behind me wore short skirts in primary and no knickers. She's a mum of 6.

**** me that was fanny Funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

All the quiet/weird/nerdy ones are now lawyers, PR consultants or living the high life on the other side of the world.

All the 'cool kids' are either knocked up several times, still dating the same guys and living in the same town or have emigrated to Oz. Together. God love Oz, it gets all the knobs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement