Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

great deal on roof boxes and roof racks from 199e complete

• 04-04-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭

Different size roof boxes + free fitting kit and roof bars
    http://www.team.ie/roofbox/category/view-all/

Compared to halfords or anywhere else on the web or in Ireland for that matter, this is a great deal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

abyone use these people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

mag wrote: »

Yes very similar, except kicks will charge you over 150euro for roof racks and a fitting kit. You need these to fit the roof box. It's a hidden extra at places like micks and halfords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

These guys have been around for a while. Was looking at them closely last year but didn't pull the trigger. Am keeping them in my back pocket if nothing turns up on adverts. Would love to hear any positive reports about the quality of the box.

Also, if you have bars they give you a discount on the price shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Bought one of these boxes two years ago and cant fault it. Being able to open both sides is a huge advantage when getting things in and out. Very easy to put the box and bars on and take off.
    Quality is as good as anything else I've seen in that price range and above and the included roof bars are good quality as well- Automaxi were the brand of bars that I got.
    I did a lot of shopping around two years ago and these guys were the best value by far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Last years deal was 129euro still reasonable at 199, good set of bars is €70+ anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Did anyone avail of this offer? Did they get in touch with you yet?

viking wrote: »
    Did anyone avail of this offer? Did they get in touch with you yet?

I emailed them some questions regarding roof bar compatibility for my vehicle at least a week ago and heard nothing.

sweetie wrote: »
    I emailed them some questions regarding roof bar compatibility for my vehicle at least a week ago and heard nothing.

I went for the deal but they didn't get back to me at all, called them and they said they didn't have the bars for my car but would give me a €50 voucher for their site instead (which is the current offer). The original deal was €50 off the price of the box if you chose not to go for the bars, took a bit of back and forth before they eventually agreed to honour their originally advertised deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

sweetie wrote: »

Same here.

Actually had a call from them this afternoon. Price would actually be €308 and not include the fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

IME I wouldn't shop with micksgarage again, deplorable service and just don't want to know when you have a problem.

Got the roof box delivered today, thanks OP

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Same here.

Actually had a call from them this afternoon. Price would actually be €308 and not include the fitting.

That's weird, Seems the deal has changed now, was buy a box get fittings and bars free, now they are charging 39e extra for them, suppose some people already have bars.

Still cheap though. 680l box in halfords is nearly a grand without bars or fittings.

viking wrote: »
    Got the roof box delivered today, thanks OP

Which one did u get? What size and what's the quality like? Im about to buy one myself. I'm looking at the 680 litre but won't be in til mid may it says.

I'm going driving thru France in the summer and I'm looking for a spacious one to fit a load of camping gear plus on the way back stock up on wineeeee :)

Finally got an email from them yesterday and I sent my phone number. Now I see the deal has changed - they can keep them.

Which one did u get?

I got the Farad F3 400L, quality seems fine. Need to source roof bars now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Jarren wrote: »

It's not clear but I presume these dont come with roof bars like the other sites (previous) offer did?

By the way, I emailed them saying I was no longer interested at the new prices and he emailed back saying he would honour the previous deal so it may be a goer still. I drive a Peugot 5008 so am unsure whether the standard roof bars from that deal will work with my car although they listed two or three compatible types when I checked on their site. Here's hoping.

Also, how easy would the 550l be to put on and take off for one person (empty obviously) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Wheeker

I got a 400L Farad Box & bars from PR Reilly last year for €225 & I have been delighted with it- very good quality. I wasn't sure which size box to go for so I phoned them, told them my car model & they recommended the 400L, paid over the phone & it was delivered for free the next day - Great service :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

How easy was it to install the roof bars ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Wheeker

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    How easy was it to install the roof bars ?

Probably depends on the car. Dead easy for mine (Mazda 3), just had to screw in 4 allen bolts.

Advertisement