Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine Question

Options
  • 04-04-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Short answer I guess. I've done a lot of research and work on evocation over the years, sites like that are a lot like Chinese whispers and often in a dangerous way. You really have to know what you are doing when evoking an energy or spirit and those kind of sites leave out so much or go so far off safe and proper rituals that you can end up in a lot of trouble. Magick and evocation especially takes a lot of energy out of you and can have serious effects on both you're physical and mental being because you are knowingly conjuring up a force not from this dimension to more or less do you're bidding.

I'd recommend staying well away from sites like that because they are more harm than good. Sources like Enochian Evocation by the likes of Dr. John Dee and Don Kraig are better assembled and don't leave out crucial steps. If you are not already versed in magick and especially in protection spells and circles I'd say evocation is something you would want to avoid with the plague because it does work and the entities summoned are not always happy to do what you want them to do or to leave once the job is done. Evocation is always plausible and far from wishful thinking but the steps on those kind of sites are flawed and often lazy, laziness in magick and in dealing with energies not of this dimension always leads to trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Short answer I guess. I've done a lot of research and work on evocation over the years, sites like that are a lot like Chinese whispers and often in a dangerous way. You really have to know what you are doing when evoking an energy or spirit and those kind of sites leave out so much or go so far off safe and proper rituals that you can end up in a lot of trouble. Magick and evocation especially takes a lot of energy out of you and can have serious effects on both you're physical and mental being because you are knowingly conjuring up a force not from this dimension to more or less do you're bidding.

I'd recommend staying well away from sites like that because they are more harm than good. Sources like Enochian Evocation by the likes of Dr. John Dee and Don Kraig are better assembled and don't leave out crucial steps. If you are not already versed in magick and especially in protection spells and circles I'd say evocation is something you would want to avoid with the plague because it does work and the entities summoned are not always happy to do what you want them to do or to leave once the job is done. Evocation is always plausible and far from wishful thinking but the steps on those kind of sites are flawed and often lazy, laziness in magick and in dealing with energies not of this dimension always leads to trouble.

Assuming this stuff is possible, why would one want to conjure up a spirit in the first place?

The link that was given in the OP seems to give steps to people who want to summon a Demon...now why on earth would someone want to do that.

You say and i quote"you are knowingly conjuring up a force not from this dimension to more or less do you're bidding"

Now what does that mean exactly? What could this spirit do for you?

What is the purpose of Magick and evocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I've been talking with the Op about it in private and I didn't say "go ahead and do it", quite the opposite actually. It's far from safe and when done should only be attempted by someone who knows what they are doing and respects the forces at work.

Why would anyone want to conjure up a spirit?. To help with a spell or ritual, if its a strong spell that requires a lot of energy then conjuring and evocation can be used. It all depends on what you are trying to get out of it too, like attracts like and if you are doing it to harm someone then it will eventually come back on you in one way or another. I personally wouldn't do a spell for harm or profit but that's the Wiccan in me speaking and many people who try to conjure non physical beings often to it for their own ends. Magick itself draws both kinds of people but most people don't try to evoke demons specifically because they are the hardest to work with because demons only exist to cause humans grief. They are highly intelligent beings who don't have to obey the same laws of reality as we do and should be avoided at all costs.

The purpose of Magick is whatever you want out of it, some people just want a simple good luck spell but others will want revenge. If all you wanted was the good luck spell then something as neutral as a lesser celestial being would be fine, some wouldn't even require the spirit it depends on how strong you want it to be. Anyone involved in Magick knows working with demons is extremely dangerous and most avoid it altogether, when it does seem like a demon is working for you it in turn is feeding off of your energy and when demons have no use left for a person that's when things like demonic oppression and possession become serious risks.

I view it like this, with Magick you have to know what you are getting yourself into and you have to have the utmost respect for both this world and the next. Summoning any kind of energy or entity always has its purpose but there is no simple answer, think of it as an extra set of hands in a kitchen, the more advanced the recipe the more help is required and the more skilled the help the better the outcome. A spell is only as powerful as the one who casts it, like everything in life there are risks and I personally think working with demonic forces is like russian roulette. I think of the ouija board in the same light, if you go to that with anything but respect and a clear head then expect trouble. Some spirits during Ouija sessions have said they had no choice but to come through the board which makes me wonder if the board itself is not just communicating with but summoning spirits within range to the board operator.

I'd never knowingly advocate evocation as something safe especially if someone was a novice. I've observed all kinds or rituals and spells but always with a clear head and with nothing to gain. Demons in general are extremely unpredictable and most of the time uncontrollable so keeping them around after the spell or ritual is extremely foolish because the longer they are around the more energy they take and the more foothold they have in this dimension. Summoning a demon willingly is one of the most dangerous things anyone can do, they will latch onto a person at any opportunity given and getting rid of them is never straightforward. I'd like to think that most of those sites don't work and are just nonsensical ramblings but that's not always the case, those spells exist for a reason but should never be taken lightly and definitely not as a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lisatiffany; I'm not sure what I believe myself, but find your posts very interesting. I'd like to hear more about demons, what are they, where did they come from, do they "walk among us" as angels are sometimes believed to do, are they opposite to angels, do they need mankind to exist.

I'd also be very interested in your opinions on nature spirits.

Please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Just looking at that website in the OP scaires the sh1t outta me.

Id never try to summon the devil or spirit.
    But id like to try out a love spell on a hot girl. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ratticus

Aquila; that page seems ill informed and down right dangerous to me. I agree wholeheartedly with Lisa Tiffany, evocation is not a good idea unless you really have put in the ground work first.

As for Aleister Crowleys works,;yes, do read them. Magick Without Tears is probably his most clear work but all of his stuff is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Aquila wrote: »
    Would you recommend reading Alistair Crowley's works?

Yes I would but I would also suggest that you talk to others about the path your considering taking.

O.T.O. has regular meet ups and you will find people happy to answer questions.
    http://oto-ie.org/

and many irish ceremonial magicians post on the Occult Ireland forums
    http://www.occultireland.com/

Advertisement