Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I still go to Canada without an LOI??

Options
  • 05-04-2012 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Sent off my IEC forms more than 4 weeks ago, still no email of receipt from the embassy. I have flights booked for the end of may and judging by some people's waiting times that I've seen in other threads I might not have my letter of introduction by that time.

If i dont recieve my LOI in time Is it possible to still go to Canada, and wait there for it to come through before I start looking for work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you can enter as a tourist and start looking for work immediately, but you can't start working til your LOI comes in. and when it does you'll need to leave the country and come back, which is no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Helix wrote: »
    you can enter as a tourist and start looking for work immediately, but you can't start working til your LOI comes in. and when it does you'll need to leave the country and come back, which is no big deal

Make sure you have a return flight or else they won't believe your intentions are for a holiday. And will turn you away!

You can holiday for up to 6 months with an Irish passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

I'm planning on heading to Vancouver, which isn't too far away from the american border, when my LOI arrives would driving into america, turning back around and driving back into canada suffice as leaving the country to activate the visa??

I only plan on staying till around september, so if I arrive with a return flight booked for lets say september 1st, will they believe me that im on a holiday?? Will they ask to see if I have sufficient funds to last me for the 4 months? or can I explain to them that i'm just waiting on my visa??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yup, that'll all do

you're compeltely wasting a visa going for that short time period though

Advertisement