Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to all this: Jobseekers Allowence

Options
  • 05-04-2012 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there! I am due to finish a level 8 degree mid-May(6weeks). I'm 100% I wont walk directly into the career Ive chosen to study in this country and Im just curious if anyone knows what route it would take me on to apply for dole to get me by until I find work?...

I have worked part-time the since I was 16, I'm 23 now. I left the job one month ago. The reason I left my job was to focus on my final year projects because part-time work was interfering with my final year education.

I have payed PRSI since Oct 2004 and i just want to know if anyone has any idea of the entitlements I may be eligible to receive to get me by until I find something new?

Ideally I would love to do some internships in my chosen area of study to gain experience in hope a full-time career in this country.

Any info much appreciate!
    Cheers
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

When you've sat your last exam, get a statement from the Student Records office in your college saying that you have finished your course. Take this and other forms (ID, P45, 6 month bank statement and proof of address - see full list somewhere on citizens info website) into your local SW office and apply for Jobseekers Benefit.

You have to be claiming for at least 3 months before you can apply for an internship.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

moved from work/jobs

Advertisement