Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will this dress suit someone with boobs?

• 05-04-2012 6:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Hey, just want some advice on this dress that I've been looking at on net-a-porter. You'll see in the pictures that the model wearing it has pretty much no boobs whatsoever. I'm 30E and my chest will just about fit into the size 2 (UK 10) according to the website measurements for this dress, but am just wondering will it look really different on a girl with boobs? Will the horizontal beading look strange? It looks great on the model but I wonder if this will translate.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/194083

Any thoughts appreciated thanks, it's not a cheap dress so would love some insights. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The dress looks lovely, not sure how big 30e boobs are but I think any boobs might be a bit squashed looking in the dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sister Assumpta

Hmmm, I'm not convinced it would look great with 30e boobs, no. They sound like they'd fill the front of this dress a little too much. I think this dress suits someone with more modest chest size (which is a shame because it is fab).

While I would be hesitant to buy this dress online in case it doesn't work, perhaps try on something with a similar shape/ dimensions in local stores and if it does work, go ahead and buy this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I think your boobs will look a bit squashed into the dress. It looks like the material would have very little "give" in it so it may look a little compacted around your chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The Ivory Closet have that dress to rent. If you are anywhere near Limerick you could try it on there...

Here is a picture of Catherine Thomas in it in a different colour if that helps
    557431_363206603723896_100001036772582_1052263_469530899_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thanks a million for the replies. I suspected as much, the dress is designed for the boobless lady! Can't stand being squashed into a dress so will keep looking. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That beaded panel needs to sit down between the boobs. With a 30E, that is unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

Catherine Thomas even looks like her boobs are flattened in the dress.. A high neck only makes big boobs look way bigger. I know from personal experience as im an F cup..

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Yeah it's the bit down the middle I'd be wary of with big boobs, as dudara said. That bit would probably just sit strangely between big boobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

There's wrong with the dress, but it would not flatter a large chest.

Advertisement