Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signs you're getting old

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

frag420 wrote: »
    when yor birthday card says happy 32nd birthday!!!

:eek: 2 more months and OH NOOOOOooooooo !!!

:eek: Next month - DoubleSadFace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,226 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

One direction are certainly no Pink floyd :)

oh yeah a girl in a shoe shop where i was getting a new pair of docs(ha), told me an anecdote about the price of docs when her dad was young........i was like "oh yeah....i remember that..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I got called old last week. Not sure how I should react to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I got called old last week. Not sure how I should react to it.

You should probably give those cheeky youngsters a lecture on how easy they have it nowadays; how you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to school as a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

When u buy olay face creams. And your only 29.

I think olay was always aimed for older women. Or their add from when I was younger always mentioned mothers.

In my defence, I was looking for a face cream with spf and cheap. And it was the only thing in tk maxx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Susie_Q wrote: »
    You should probably give those cheeky youngsters a lecture on how easy they have it nowadays; how you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to school as a child.

I did think "The little sh!t, I wouldn't have said that when I was his age." I'm not old, but I feel ancient sometimes :(:( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Recently cleared out a load of cassettes, VHS tapes, CDs and DVDs in preparation for the arrival of our sprog, when we both looked at each other and realised the brat will never know what they were or how they worked. We both felt old.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭the varg

Grey pubes

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

You're gettin' auld when you know more people that's in the cemetery than out of it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You convince yourself you're cool beacuse you're on boards ;), after all not everyone your age can use a computer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I used to be with it then they changed what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

1. Ear and nose hair. 2. Watching to see if moobs are starting. 3. Counting days to retirement - 503 for me! (total, not working days). 4. Hairdresser says 'you've a great head of hair'. 5. You say 'No' when she asks 'will I thin it a bit?'. 6. When fashion does'nt matter. 7. Getting up for a pee in the middle of the night. 8. When you go to bed and SLEEP after the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Albums that were released when I was a teenager are now thought of as 'classic'. It's kind of depressing to look at an internet forum and to see someone in their late teens talking about how their father bought Nevermind by Nirvana when it first came out. Even rap albums I bought when I was sixteen or seventeen years old, and at the time were new releases, are considered 'classic' now.

There's a thread called 'You nostalgia you lose' that really makes me feel old. It's full of people reminiscing about mobile phones and computer games that came out when I was in my late twenties or early thirties.

Also when a woman says something to their child like "look where you're walking and don't get in that mans way". Just a few years ago I was generally still called a 'boy'. I went through most of my adult life not looking my age but I think it's catching up with me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

In my day we had two TV channels are we were glad to have them

Youngsters these days moaning over their UPC and Sky

And there was no English football on TV, you got results from Aertel, refresh, refresh

We had Italian football though :)
    RTÉ bought in this show, essential viewing on Monday nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Its easier to lose a hard on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

When you have patches on the elbows of your cardigan.

Surely its the cardigan as opposed to the patches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

When you accidentally click on All Things Retro instead of After Hours, and you don't notice your mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

mikemac1 wrote: »

And there was no English football on TV, you got results from Aertel, refresh, refresh

It was a sad day when RTE cut Sports Stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

When you begin to find yourself attracted to 'older' women. Then you find most of them are younger than you.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

When your hangovers last days.

When you refuse to go to a certain pub because the music will be too loud.

When, as a bloke, it's more comfortable crossing your legs while watching TV.

When you tell someone to close the door to keep in the heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

When you read a thread about getting old and can relate to the majority of posts in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

When you watch the Dail broadcasts and notice their are ppl in government younger than you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When you see someone's granny and think "I would".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mikemac1 wrote: »

Reading that post really did take me back to a simpler time. Maradona and Careca up front for Napoli. I actually looked forward to Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

When you bend over to tie your shoelaces and think "is there anything else I can get done while I'm down here".

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Your gettin' auld when you look at the undertakers offices now the way you used to look at a Guards Barracks ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Becoming comfortable with what you once viewed as 'boring.. gawd' n got all suicidal over

that's right; nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

foxyboxer wrote: »
    You actively 'enjoy' watching the Antiques Roadshow.

And you purposely intend to watch the News.
    If that ever happens to me I hope I'm put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Not been in the humour for sex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bank Holidays provide an excellent opportunity for a nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

You are constantly getting injured playing 5 aside football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I realised I was getting old when a young lad stood up to give me his seat on the bus.
    He was lucky he didn't get a clip on the ear the cheeky wee git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

When the optician gives out that you haven't changed your glasses in a YEAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THE CAP LOCK KEY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

When the grinding of your knee caps is the only sound you can hear going up stairs.

When you stand up and accidentally wee a little or when you discover your eyebrows are growing out of control and you can't be arsed doing anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm turning 18 on Thursday week. I feel so old. :(

troll face man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

When the songs on the "Golden Hour" on 2fm are ones that you danced to(happened to me the other day, no messin:eek:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

When the wife says "lets go upstairs and have sex" and you reply......"I can only do one or the other" and mean it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

"Good drying day today".

The fear of the tumble dryer replaces the fear of the immersion.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Signs i'm getting old

I'm 43 now and last year my full head of black hair is now almost completely Grey and my other sign i'm getting old is i can't handle alcohol anymore even 9 cans of beer without waking up the next day in bits and waiting 4 days to recover. Man i'm defo getting old but anyhoo no big deal as i'm not as old as 70 yet but sometimes i feel it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

that you're driving a convertible and theres a 21 year old chick there who's not your daughter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

To quote a line from The Bards' old song ... " when it takes ya all night, to do, what ya used to do all night, then yer the ouldest swinger in town"

When you can remember humming along to Fred Wedlock's version.:(
    When u buy olay face creams. And your only 29.

I think olay was always aimed for older women. Or their add from when I was younger always mentioned mothers.

In my defence, I was looking for a face cream with spf and cheap. And it was the only thing in tk maxx.

When you can remember when it used to be called Oil of Ulay rather than Oil of Olay.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

When you're buying alcohol at the self service tills where a staff member has to verify that you "clearly look of 25 years of age" and the staff member doesn't even bother to take a second look at you:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

when you horse down 10 cans of lager and have some left but you're sober and tired you're not arsed drinking the rest but you still feel like dieing the next day, fml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

When you find yourself going to more funerals than weddings & christenings.
    When the funerals are mainly of people in your age group, then you know you're really old!

I was going to say:

"When you find yourself going to more weddings & christenings than 21st parties.
    When the weddings & christenings are mainly of people in your age group, then you know you're really old!"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

arodabomb wrote: »
    I was going to say:

"When you find yourself going to more weddings & christenings than 21st parties.
    When the weddings & christenings are mainly of people in your age group, then you know you're really old!"

:D

Christenings in your age group.? :D

Being a young Dad dispenses with all that.

I've a 14 year old son though. He doesn't even make me feel old, I just embarrass him, regularly!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

When all the relatively young rappers you were listening to as a young teenager have become old- ish men. Snoop Dogg is now a 40 year old man rapping Gin and Juice at live shows about a party he had when he was a teenager and "when my mamma aint home" :pac: These days hes probably a paranoid old man worried his kids are swinging a house party while he is on tour. Same with Britpop artists of th 90s- the Gallagher brothers have went from young fresh coke and drink fuelled rebels against the establishment to, well, oul fellas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Knowing people with bald heads and are married making Pokemon referenced jokes and me still being too old to get the joke.

• Advertisement
Advertisement