Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe leaking under 6 month old tarmac?

• 05-04-2012 9:39am
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

hello folkls,

water on surface around the area where I know there is a T connection off the mains. To reconnect this myself, its not a problem really but I suppose I am just looking for tips as to how to find the exact connection without having to rip up too much tarmac?
    Also, I have seen somewhere bags of self mix tarmac, or something similar. Anyone know anything about this?

Connection was broken when I moved in last year and had a professional plumber come and fix it. Very expensive at the time(230 for 3 hours work plus brass fitting) The man told me he was working now in a steady job also as the plumbing wusiness was so bad. Anyway, to make a long story short, I didnt get a receipt. After the repair I had the whole driveway newly tarmacced. Now obvisiouly I am very annoyed.
    I will go back to him but for the moment I am assuming the worst!

Tks a lot

eamon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

oh man.. if u take up a square of tarmac it will never look the same again.. a plumbing joint should never be covered over. always leave access to it someway. fittings dont last for ever

Advertisement