Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thorntons recycling now taking over Eurowaste business

Options
  • 05-04-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

Just got a nice letter from the owner of Eurowaste about selling the business to Thorntons Recycling. The operation will continue to be run from Kilcoole with the staff/trucks retained to ensure continuity of service.

The main point which I picked up is that from April, all payments need to go to Thorntons, so if you're on Direct Debit, this needs to be changed. Also any manual credit transfers made need to go to Thorntons as well.

If you are a Eurowaste customer, watch out for a letter in the post about the changes.

Kinda glad they didn't sell to one of the other main operators in Greystones in the interest of competition.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

I'm sad they're gone but I'm not surprised - they just refused to compete with Ozo's prices this year whereas last year they did me a deal to keep me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

They cut off my service without notice in February as the bill was not yet paid.
    No reminders, nothing.
    Paid them what I owed them for Jan and moved to Ozo who are €50 cheaper as it happens.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

What is key for me is that they are keeping their service level. I like to have the weekly recycling collection!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement