Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best network for PAYG talk & text besides 3?

• 05-04-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Been having issues with 3 from the start. I haven't recieved one message since yesterday, my coverage drops, and a few other problems that I've had in the 2 months I've been with them. The customer support are absolutely abysmal too, so I'd just like to leave them.

What would you guys recommend? I text friends who (mostly) are Meteor, and have a girlfriend who is with 3 atm too. I have decided against using 3G too, because I don't want another distraction in my life (wanna get minimalistic :D )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

o2 will give you free any network texts when you top up by 20E every 30 days. That gives you 20E to spend on calls.

I just moved to three from that though, as three have all you can eat data for same. Its a low cost network so dont count on any customer support, but if you're good at troubleshooting yourself ya might wanna consider sticking put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Meteor, O2 and Vodafone offer free texts to all networks for the 20 euro top up. I can't recommend a better prepay network than 3, their offer is by far the best deal on offer at the moment. Vodafone and O2 traditionally don't compete with each other and have pretty much always had identical offers for years, Meteor followed this non competition policy for a a few years too until last year when they brought out many different offers for different top up amounts.

Here are their offers, if most the people you text are on Meteor, they're probably your next best option (3 being your best option!). Meteor also have data add-ons (fiver for half gig, tenner for gig).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Colibri wrote: »
    Been having issues with 3 from the start. I haven't recieved one message since yesterday, my coverage drops, and a few other problems that I've had in the 2 months I've been with them. The customer support are absolutely abysmal too, so I'd just like to leave them.

What would you guys recommend? I text friends who (mostly) are Meteor, and have a girlfriend who is with 3 atm too. I have decided against using 3G too, because I don't want another distraction in my life (wanna get minimalistic :D )

All prepay packages are here.

Based on what you have said, Meteor would seem like the best option for you.

Advertisement