Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lease with Property Tax provision

Options
  • 05-04-2012 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm moving into a new house soon. It's a one year lease in which it states that I the tenant shall be liable to pay the property tax. What is the situation with this? Are there any official guidelines on who is responsible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

According to threshold and the government the property owner is responsible for paying it.
    I would avoid as although the property tax is 100 euro this year there is no way of knowing what it will be next year. sounds like more trouble than the house is worth if the landlord is trying to pull this sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You the tenant are not responsible for paying the charge, regardless of what the lease says. If they want to factor the €8.33 into the monthly rental charge then fair enough, but they cannot put in a clause that makes you responsible for the charge as an external charge.

Do not sign a lease that has a clause like this in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Landlord can put what he/she wants in the lease, but you got to say YES/NO.

I mean most leases says the tenant will pay all house bills, this will include the property tax unless you get it exempt Same with water rates when it comes in.

Advertisement