Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 15 Results

Options
  • 05-04-2012 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens 35 - Browns 6

Handy win for the Ravens

Three passing TD's from Sam Bradford to three different players
    Two rushing TD's from Michael Bush and over two hundred yards,

Happy with two Int's but disappointed with only two sacks

Ravens take the division lead
    It's true to say I benefited by Dave's absense so getting a CPU game but to be fair, Shane is also absent so Bengals get a CPU game against the Cardinals

So balances out realy

Ravens top of the AFC North
    Your move Bengals, NO PRESSURE :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Raiders received in the first quarter, but after a first down Jones-Drew fumbled the ball. The Bears worked it down the field for a score. 7-0 Bears.

The Raiders seemed to be working it down the field well until a bizarre fumble that looked more like a lateral than anything, and I didn't press LT. The Giants seemed poised to take a 2 score lead until a Drayton Florence interception got the ball back around their 20 for the Raiders. The Raiders ran it the whole way up the field and a 20 yard MJD run levelled it at 7-7.

The Bears fought right back with Cornel Walker finishing off their drive with a 10 yard run. 14-7 to the Bears.

The Raiders got the ball back with 2 minutes to go in the first half and got an 80 yard TD run on the draw. No wait, the referees called a penalty on a guy who was far away from the action, the RT. A big screen pass got them into Bears territory. On third down with 19 seconds left and no timeouts the Raiders called a pass. The Bears blitzed and Olsen walked into the endzone uncovered. 14-14 with 16 seconds left.

The Bears then threw an interception to Brian Williams at the 37 with a few seconds left in the first half. The Raiders 54 yard field goal hit the crossbar and that was it for the first half.

The Bears received in the second half and threw an interception to Will Witherspoon in their own half, who is apparently remarkably athletic. The Raiders ran it down to the and Sammy Morris powered it in on a 6 yard TD run. 21-14 to the Raiders.

The Bears punted the ball on their next possession and the Raiders had a chance to close the game out. On third down and 12, the Raiders called a screen and just needed one more block, but the stupid offensive lineman didn't see the defender and the Raiders punted in on 4th and 4. The Raiders punted it and the referees gave the Bears the biggest BS call I've ever seen. Josh Cribbs, despite not waving his hand in the air, and despite running into it, was apparently calling for a fair catch, and the CPU Raider didn't know about it. This set up the Bears for a big TD drive, and they tied it up on a 1 yard Cornel Walker run on 4th and goal to start the fourth quarter. 21-21.

The Raiders again did nothing on offense and the Bears got it back. They were driving it down the field until the Raiders stopped them, 4th and 5 on their 31. Ryan Succop was called upon and he kicked the FG, though it looked short to me and another eyewitness in the same room. 24-21 Bears.

Schaub and MJD turned the minute drill into the 30 second drill and MJD scored with 1:30 left, though he tried to leave more time on the clock. 28-24 Raiders.

The Giants drove it down the field to the Raiders 10, when a Will Allen interception seemed to seal the game. However he fell ungracefully on the ball on the 5. The Raiders called a QB kneel and were too busy celebrating to see the time on the clock, and delay of game was called on them. They gave up a safety with 1 second left on the kneel. 28-26 Raiders.

The Raiders free-kicked it to Cribbs, who saw no hole and called fair catch with one second left at his 34. The hail mary fell to the ground. Game over.

Stats:
    Schaub: 152 passer rating-7-10-134yd-2TD-0INT
    MJD: 2 fumbles lost, 23-167-1. 6 receptions for 122 yards and a score
    Morris: 10-35-1
    Olsen: 1-12-1

Manning: 13-30-174yd-1TD-4INT
    Walker: 23-148-2
    Miller: 7-102-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul, I've a number one seed to catch now so Ray Rice and co. will be taking the field against you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I am just concentrating on my game tonight before anything. If I lose tonight the game against you doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I may suck at this game....but at least I don't AFC North suck. 20 more losses than wins...Nfl should drop em all :-P

Well, if Jake Locker doesn't win the POTW award this week then no QB ever will. Searching for a magical 5000 yard season, Locker was 42/50, 606 yards, 7 TDs and 2 INTs.

Packers win 49-14 and may yet clinch number one seed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

madalig12 wrote: »
    I may suck at this game....but at least I don't AFC North suck. 20 more losses than wins...Nfl should drop em all :-P

Hey St Louis, I do my talking on the field :cool:

199181.gif

SantryRed wrote: »
    Well, if Jake Locker doesn't win the POTW award this week then no QB ever will. Searching for a magical 5000 yard season, Locker was 42/50, 606 yards, 7 TDs and 2 INTs.

Packers win 49-14 and may yet clinch number one seed.

Obsiously MJD is the best RB, but Locker's making a case to be MVP. I'm looking forward to facing you in week 17. And remember raider rule #1 when considering whether to start your best players or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mikemac1 wrote: »

199181.gif

Hey, do you want to post a few more of your results against the NFC West there mike?

Not realy, I took a whipping from the Niners and Cards :o

matthew8 wrote: »
    And remember raider rule #1 when considering whether to start your best players or not.

What's the rule?

Aim for the knees? :eek:

• Advertisement

What's the rule?

Aim for the knees? :eek:

Cheating is encouraged. They actually had a sign up in the Raiders locker room according to America's game. And cheating involves injuring other players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5LisjE-VUY

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The Titans HC gets special dispensation to start his game a day early:pac:

Titans@Jags and Jags receive.

Jags get a couple of first downs but then Palmer gets sacked and it forces a punt.

Best and Bush move it well and then MCNabb hits Bush for an easy catch and TD

7-0 Titans

Titans get to Palmer for a big sack which forces a punt.
    Titans move it up field but have to go for a FG, it hits the cross bar and is no good!

Titans force a fumble on the next possesion but cant recover

Hali smashes Palmer and forces a fumbleone of my DTs is going for it and if he picks it up it'll be a TD...but Hali dives on it while he's grounded.

Titans low risk strategy sees them settle for 3.

10-0Titans at the half

Titans get to 4th and 1 and go for it and dont get it

Titans force a fumble but dont manage to recover but it forces a punt.
    Titans get another FG.

13-0 Titans
    Jags get a TD with just over 2 in the game
    13-7

However Bush breaks the Jag hearts and breaks tackles for a 66 yard TD

Jags do deep right for a pass and it gets picked off by Goodman
    Titan run it and Best fumbles but Finley recovers

McNabb tries something fancy and throws a pick in the end zone but its game over.

20-7 Titans

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers 21 Seahawks 0

Good game here, 49ers got the points early thanks to a few turnovers, Seahawks pretty unlucky especially with 1 fumble. Seahawks couldnt really get anything going on offense.

49ers probably going to the playoffs just need 1 more win to be sure.

So the Lions drive towards the playoffs still has a slim chance.

Lions received the kickoff and first play of the game I thought that there was a mismatch and I threw it deep to DeSean Jackson. INTERCEPTION!!

The Giants then used their run game very well and went 7-0, pure hard running got them this TD and good play calling.

Kick off to the Lions again. Two run plays from Chris Johnson shut down by the Giants D. Third play the Lions throw another pick. Giants once again use the run well and end off passing it into the end zone.

I think my season is over at this stage.

Lions receive and realise that their season is over if they don't cop the feck on. So they start using two HBs to great effect and rush it down the field and couple it with 1 or two passes and it results in Chris Johnson (RB of the year?) running it into the end zone. 14 - 14

Next drive Antonio Dixon (Defensive player of the year?) forces a fumble from Alex Smith and Langford picks it up and walks it in to make it 21-14 going into half time. The Lions season is back on track.

Giants receive it and once again their offense are really killing the Lions some good pass plays and Mendenhall really roughing up my DEs. Giants are in the end zone but Smith throws a bullet but its straight to Prince Amukamara and he runs it 90 yards into the end zone. 28-14, the game is as good as over.

In the 4th the Giants manage to get a field goal but throw another interception and the Lions rush up the field running down the clock and eventually get a field goal to make it 31-17.

Good game EtlovesLSD. Would have been very different if I hadn't of gotten that interception and returned it for 6.

So next up for the Lions is two divisional games both are must win games but they still need help from the Eagles opposition to give them a chance.

Can't wait :D

Jets just beat the Eagles btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys 38-3 Patriots.

Apart from an opening drive FG the Patriots offered absolutely nothing and it was comfortably from then on in for the Cowboys.

Ahmad Bradshaw did things I didn't even think he was capable of, cutting inside and outside between numerous defenders several times to put up 4 TD's on 16 attempts, totaling 254 yards with a longest run of 80 yards. He won't be traded on this form!

Manning was 18 from 32 with 1 TD and 1 INT, a fairly poor game from him to be honest although I did try out a lot of new plays in the 3rd and 4th so it was more my fault as I wasn't used to the routes of the receivers on those and was jumping the gun or waiting too long most of the time.

Run defense came up big after the first Patriots drive restricting them to 39 rushing yards. Best were McIntosh, Reed, Lawson, Ngata and Fletcher who were as solid as a rock.

One injury to report as CB Tramon Williams dislocated his ankle meaning his out for 4 weeks and that's more than likely his season done. He's been poor enough anyway so not a loss worth worrying about. Better news is that Pouha should be back for week 17 and having him back would give me a great boost IF I make the playoffs.

I see the Jets beat the Eagles tonight (thanks Berty :)) so that means the Cowboys go 10-4 at the top of the NFC East with the Eagles 8-6, however, massive game next gameweek as the Cowboys face the Eagles (who have the tiebreaker). A win would see me guarantee the division, but a loss and the pressure is on against the Redskins in week 17 as I'd need a win there to take the division.

There may be more than one NFC East team getting playoff football though, as the Bears (9-5) and 49ers (10-4) will be looking for wins to seal the wildcard spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Bengals get some revenge for their defeat in last season's AFC Championship Match and end the Colts winning streak at 11.

I can't wait to have McFadden back next gameweek, Jones ended up with 6.6 yards per carry.... not bad until you realise he started the game with an 81 yard run.

Some great drama near the end as the Colts put together a great drive to find themselves around the 5 yard line with 4th and 1 and around 30 seconds left (and all 3 timeouts). The run was stopped when Jones dived into the back off one of his own linemen when there was ample space to pick up the 1st down.... oh well.

I still need only one more win to take the AFC South but my #2 AFC seed could be gone.

well done Rob and good luck in your hunt for the playoff....and good work on that timeout in the first quarter (I assume you spotted the open receiver, he had just been audibled into a streak and I was half a second from snapping the ball... very good chance of taking it all the way).

Maybe we'll get a rematch in down the line.

madalig12 wrote: »

199181.gif
    YOU KNOW I SHOULDA WON THAT GAME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Raoul wrote: »

Good game EtlovesLSD. Would have been very different if I hadn't of gotten that interception and returned it for 6.

So next up for the Lions is two divisional games both are must win games but they still need help from the Eagles opposition to give them a chance.

Yeah was a great game, I have never had a start like that, buckled under the pressure of a 14-0 lead.

Well played though, was going well keeping CJ2K under wraps and then he bust out a 70 yard run or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Yes! I was hoping one of you or DangerDave would be able to beat Vernon and co.:D

Who has the edge between Colts and Broncos for a tiebreaker?? :confused:

I am worried about a resurgent Bills scorching into the wildcard round on a run of W's and knocking me out!!
    McG wrote: »
    The Bengals get some revenge for their defeat in last season's AFC Championship Match and end the Colts winning streak at 11.

I can't wait to have McFadden back next gameweek, Jones ended up with 6.6 yards per carry.... not bad until you realise he started the game with an 81 yard run.

Some great drama near the end as the Colts put together a great drive to find themselves around the 5 yard line with 4th and 1 and around 30 seconds left (and all 3 timeouts). The run was stopped when Jones dived into the back off one of his own linemen when there was ample space to pick up the 1st down.... oh well.

I still need only one more win to take the AFC South but my #2 AFC seed could be gone.

well done Rob and good luck in your hunt for the playoff....and good work on that timeout in the first quarter (I assume you spotted the open receiver, he had just been audibled into a streak and I was half a second from snapping the ball... very good chance of taking it all the way).

• Advertisement

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Yeah was a great game, I have never had a start like that, buckled under the pressure of a 14-0 lead.

Well played though, was going well keeping CJ2K under wraps and then he bust out a 70 yard run or something like that.

Yeah you were killing me at the start, and then I had to bring on McGahee and he opened you up a bit.

Why did you stop running and start passing? Your run game was going really well.

@Santry Feck off!! :pac: Can you still get a number 1 seed if the Cardinals win this week? So if the Cardinals win you will be resting your players? :)

Just looking back at my results this year. Could have been so different:
    Had three losses in OT and another loss to the Bears by 4 points when I had a 6 point lead going into the second half. I have had my chances to get into the playoffs this year and I am just surprised I am still in with a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

McG wrote: »

Tense, tight game.
    Colts really took the run away at the start of the game, could not get Michael Turner going. So the game was turned over to the inconsistent hands of Cam Newton, who stepped it up!

It looked bad early, as Bengals went three-and-out and Colts RB Jones rips off an 81yd TD run on second play from scrimmage.
    6 minute drive later, full of short passes after run is stopped, Javon Ringer runs in from the wildcat to level it up at 7-7.

Colts go three-and-out, then Bengals drive in and finally score on 9yd TD pass to Maclin, leaving the Colts with 0:31 left in the half.
    After kickoff, Colts on their own 20yd line and a massive sack on first down, Bengals call timeout and Colts face 2nd & 23. BIG MOMENT OF THE GAME #1 Karlos Dansby intercepts Rivers, to setup Bengals in Colts territory, and a FG to end the half at 17-7, two score lead.

Colts come straight back with TD to open the half, 17-14.
    Bengals eating up the clock and coming twoards the red zone when Newton throws an inexcusable pick. BIG MOMENT OF THE GAME #2 One play after getting the turnover, Pat Chung intercepts Rivers for a momentum-shifter.
    Bengals eat up more clock and held to a FG with 2:39 left. Plenty of time for Colts at 20-14.

Colts gaining yards easily through the air, and look like scoring until BIG MOMENT OF THE GAME #3 (The Decider) 4th & 1 in the redzone, RB falls short behind his own lineman, no-one saw it coming.
    Bengals run out the clock and breathe a sigh of relief.

Good game McG, tense as hell.

Yeah you were killing me at the start, and then I had to bring on McGahee and he opened you up a bit.

Why did you stop running and start passing? Your run game was going really well.

To be honest I don't know, I seem to move away from the run too soon, when I kno I shouldn't cause Alex Smith isn't the best pure passer. I think you stuff some of my runs so I was loosing faith a bit. That Int on the goal line should never have been a pass, should have been a run up the gut. If I throw an Int I try to get a TD to keep the ratio even, stupid I know.

If this plate this goes ahead I'll get you back then...

etloveslsd wrote: »
    To be honest I don't know, I seem to move away from the run too soon, when I kno I shouldn't cause Alex Smith isn't the best pure passer. I think you stuff some of my runs so I was loosing faith a bit. That Int on the goal line should never have been a pass, should have been a run up the gut. If I throw an Int I try to get a TD to keep the ratio even, stupid I know.

If this plate this goes ahead I'll get you back then...

Eh i will be in the playoffs.:pac:

Yeah you shouldnt have abandoned it so fast. Sure you were killing my run at first. Cj had 8 runs for 6 yards. Just i know from experience that if i persevere with the run that eventually i will start making progress.

Eh i will be in the playoffs.:pac:

Sure.....:cool:

I could have ended you playoff hopes yeaterday, I have Dave's Bills next, could dent his chance and the Adrian and the 49ers on the last day! has Adrian wrapped up his wildcard?

Bribes will be accepted, Raiders I'm looking at you

49ers have to win one of their games to be guaranteed their place or else the Eagles lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets 27 - 17 Eagles

Tough game. Eagles led 7-3 after Q1 and were in the game at HT only down 13-10. Jets defence improved in the second half and two TD's put the game away before the Eagles pulled a TD back in the final seconds.

Great chatting, good luck in your playoff quest.

Rams - Redskins

The final quarter in this one has still not sank in. For the fans it was some of the worse CornerBack play they are ever likely to see.

First quarter, Skins punt, Rams punt, Skins mix it up and get good field position. 0-0

2nd Q: Skins and Klob who has started superbly get the first TD with a 2yrd pass. 0-7. Some punting exchanged and Rams throw a pick in the opposition half and Klob takes advantage with a 73yrd pass for a Td. Some poor defending by the defence here who stood and watched the skins run past them most of the game(I swear there was some ass slapping on the way past). 0-14 at half time and it looks like the "Golden Streak" as the commentators are calling the all gold wearing rams is coming to an abrupt end. The coach rings the changes and Matthews who plays the first half despite a broken jaw is dropped for lack of on field talking.

Start of the 3rd and Rams are pushed back from the kick of with a poor return kick. The skins blitz and are napping at the back with Harvin stepping up and catching a 93yrd Vick pass and taking it to the house. Skins admit greed got the better of them but the Rams had yet to show up in the game. 7-14. Washington score again shortly after with good running and poor tackling and me getting control of CB's without pressing b and running them up the field whilst the WR's are running the other way with the ball...7-21 and 7-28 with another pick and an over ruled fumble(fumble in the 2nd qtr actually oops)

4th Qtr. Rams fans will be watching this one for some time to come. Rams fight their way up the field with Vick finally showing some form and Vereen trying hard. They get to the 6yrd line and get stuck, they kick a FG much to the offencive coachs anger as he wanted to risk the 4 yrd run. 10-28
    Rams bring the blitz after a penalty onside kick and get a pick 6 for Hill from his own 30. 17-28. Skins mix it up again and get a good TD that looks to seal it with Klobs fourth TD of the night. 17-35. Rams decide to air it out and Vick hits Green behind the CB for a 56 yrd TD. 2.30 left in the game and its 24-35. Rams still look dead and buried. One missed onside kick later and skins are working it up the field only to be stopped and punt it back. 1.09 on the clock and Vick his Harvin out the left again behind the CB and he takes it home. 30-35. Rams go for two and get it. 32-35. Only a minute left and the onside kick is outta bounds:mad:. Skins get the ball on the halfway and kneel it out....but they don't and go for a run...he's hit hard and fumbles....Joplin picks it up and sprints the 42 yards to the endzone for the win 39-35. Skins air it out the last 40 seconds using their time outs but run out of throws and the Golden Boys Kneel it out.

Skins really deserved to win this one and all onsides/going for it's were announced. Was a much discussed game between us with good banter. Really enjoyed playing the newbie? Who has got some skills that will win him many games i'm sure....I'm shocked I managed to hit throws/catches which I don't normally. I actually feel bad for winning as he was all over me most of the game. But the Golden Streak rumbles on....next up 49ers!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Aspen Scary Schoolwork

on that last play i couldnt knee because you had timeouts.
    il be looking forward to a rematch if theres a super plate.
    now this game will be deleted from my memory and it will never be spoken of again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons beat the Saints 37 - 3. Steven Jackson with a stormer of a game

Advertisement