Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query

Options
  • 05-04-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a query re mortgages that might seem quite silly. There is a house i am interested in that was started by someone else, is up to roof level and is beign sold as is unfinished. My question is it possible to borrow enough to buy & finish the house. My first thought is no because you'd be borrowing more than the house is being sold at/is technically worth at present? But then on the other hand there has to be some way to do this without having to spend the next ten years renting and paying a mortgage while trying to finish it?

thanks,

Jacqui

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Jacqui

Thanks for your question.

I will double check with our mortgage advisor and get back to you asap.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭insanechicken

Thanks Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Jacqui

I've spoken to our mortgage advisor. It is possible to get a mortgage for the purposes you mentioned in your post. However, you will need to submit an application as all requests are dealt with on a case by case basis.

I would be happy to arrange a call for you with our mortgage advisor. If you would like me to do this just pm me your contact details. Alternatively, you can call into your local branch and speak with the mortgage advisor. Details of your local branch can be found here.

Hope that answers your question and if there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement