Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone and HTC One S

Options
  • 05-04-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭

Will they? Won't they? Do they know what they are doing?

Three questions I've been mulling over in the last few days...

I'd been eagerly anticipating the release of the HTC One S in Ireland since it was introduced at the Mobile World Conference in February. To say I was delighted at seeing it's inclusion in the "coming soon" section of the vodafone website would be an understatement.

I had pre-registered on the vodafone website, assured that I would be one of the first to know of it's impending release onto the Irish market with Vodafone. Yes, I'd be one of the first people brandishing this excellent phone in Ireland. Well, that's what should have happened ... but it didn't.

I browsed the vodafone website almost on a daily basis to check and see if there was any update, and then one day found that the phone was no longer in the "coming soon" section - it was in the "billpay phones" section under "phones and plans". But just as soon as it went up - it disappeared again ... after a website makeover happened!

Not being entirely put off by this, I decided to phone a few retail stores ... Out of the vodafone retail stores I contacted, most did not answer - either leading to a voicemail or a message to say the mailbox was full. Of the two stores that did answer, the HTC One S was already instore, and more deliveries were coming soon.

So, I contacted my local vodafone agent store, who verified that the HTC One S was available, and could be ordered - provided I pay a deposit!

I decided to try and contact someone in support, and wandered through the myriad of 1907 menus, finding I had to try a number of occasions before eventually managing to speak to someone.

"HTC One S has been released - will I be able to get it in my vodafone retail store or online soon" I asked.
    "No, it wont be available until the end of April" was the reply.

So, here we are - after a number of phone calls over two days I am still none the wiser.

Will they? Dont know. Wont they? Still dont know. Do they know what they are doing? Definitely not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭YeGods

I walked into my local vodafone store in co.cork last week and got the HTC One S straight away. They had it in the store. Having great fun with it. the display and speed of the phone is very impressive.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Hmm HTC One S or wait a couple months for a Samsung Galaxy 3S

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BCJL

The HTC phone you queried is now available on Vodafone online. I think it became available around Wed or Thur this week, as I've been keeping an eye on website. Ordered it on Friday, so should have it Monday!

Advertisement