Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Super Plate

Options
  • 05-04-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

So the play offs are nearly upon us. Now we have a good few new people who've never played the play off rules of 10 mins or have been in a win a game or your done situation.

I propose when the play offs starts we have a Plate competition for teams that don't make it into the play offs. Have it on the same times as the franchise's play offs.

So people like the Rams, Browns, Raiders, Lions, Chargers, redskins, Giants, Eagles, Seahawks. Can experience 10 mins quarters and a play off feel. Plus they get to win something at the end as well. ( I know some of these teams have been to the play offs before)

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What about the Bills? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

SantryRed wrote: »
    What about the Bills? :p

Pfffffffffffffft Play offs all the way. The Raiders are done !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Pfffffffffffffft Play offs all the way. The Raiders are done !

Did the Raiders lose?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raoul wrote: »
    Did the Raiders lose?? :mad:

28-26 win baby. Unbelievable finish. Lots of controversy as usual.

matthew8 wrote: »
    You won?? :eek:

Edit - I expect a full match report!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Seems to follow the raiders around I'm not really happy with how you played the game constant draw plays and only six passes all but one where screen passes you went for it on forth down and never told me I don't really mind that I lost that's not the issue just looking for a bit of sportsmanship

Seems to follow the raiders around I'm not really happy with how you played the game constant draw plays and only six passes all but one where screen passes you went for it on forth down and never told me I don't really mind that I lost that's not the issue just looking for a bit of sportsmanship

I never went for it on fourth down. Is this going for it incident when I went for a TD pass at the end of the first half when Madden suggested a FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Nice Idea Dave

Do we get a bowl? I'm guessing we will have to use real teams, Will we go on draft order to pick them? as opposed to first come first served!

We will have to use real teams. So we could have a draft whereby the worst finished team in the league gets first pick of real teams. Do you propose a straight knock out Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

i like the sound of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just on this, do we have any sort of rule in place or guideline suggesting how many passes should be attempted in a game?

Paully D wrote: »
    Just on this, do we have any sort of rule in place or guideline suggesting how many passes should be attempted in a game?

For the record I attempted 10 passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Looks like the Ravens will be involved in the losers Super Plate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Paully D wrote: »

Not realy, sure the Packers won today and they never ran the ball at all

Whatever works, if you've a great run game then use it

You can be like the 00 Ravens and Trent Dilfer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

For the record I attempted 10 passes.

Nothing to do with me mate, I'm just wondering for my own benefit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I like the idea of this :D Gives us all more gametime

I'll post up the profile for this. We'll use the Boards Community, Ill ask Santry to up it to 10 mins when the plate starts.

Start time looks like around 16th of April. You will get 2/3 days to play your game max. It will be roughly 8 people so quarter final style. If there's an odd number of players. Ill give people with the worst regular season record a bye from first round

Draft for teams will be worst record picks first until best record in regular season pick's last. Everyone will get a good team.

Ill post up what you need to record and post up as a result for the games. If any of you have played in the IG PFL then you'll know exactly what you'll need to post up if not .... watch this space :cool:

I also think this format or with a short regular season would be best to start for a PS3 league.

Great idea Dave. :)

IN-GAME

Game Settings:
    Quarters : 10 minutes
    Level : All Pro
    Acc clock : On, 20 seconds
    Weather : On
    Injuries : On
    Fatigue : On

Games and the Boards Plate must be played through the Boards Community.

Overtime rules: This year’s Madden sees the introduction of the new NFL OT rule. Unranked games do not use this rule, ranked games do. Note that games played through the Boards Community are ranked games.

POST-GAME

Reporting Results:
    This is the responsibility of the winning team's Coach and should be posted within 24 hours of the game.
    The final result should be posted in the PFL Results forum. The title of the post should include the week number, coaches’ name, teams and the score
    e.g. Wk1 : Packers (Rigglar) 10 @ Jets (Berty44) 24
    Please also add the game stats as explained below. These should be added by the winner of the game, not the home team. Match reports are encouraged, but not mandatory.

Reporting Stats: Stats are collected manually and reported in your result post. These stats should be recorded by the winning team, this is not optional. Serial offenders will forfeit their right to a playoff berth.
    The required stats are shown below, please note that these are team stats NOT player stats.

Quarter Scores
    Q1, Q2, Q3, Q3, OT, Total

Passing
    Completed / Attempts / Yards / TDs / Ints / Sacked

Rushing
    Attempts / Yards / TD’s / Fumbles

Example :
    Box score
    GB – 3 / 0 / 0 / 7 = 10
    NYJ – 7 / 7 / 7 / 3 = 24

Passing
    GB – 15/35 att, 170 yards, 1 TD, 3 Int, 2 sac
    NYJ – 17/24 att, 210 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, 1sac
    (note QB stats should be the total for all QBs used per team, not individual player stats)

Rushing
    GB – 17 att, 79 yards, 0 TD, 1 Fum
    NYJ – 25 att, 178 yards, 2 TD, 0 Fum

At the moment it looks as if there will be 10 people playing it

Right so the format will go like this

10-Team-Single-Elimination.gif

The Draft will take play next Sunday at 9pm. The team with the worst regular season in The Boards Franchise will get first pick in the Super Plate. So example Nerd09 as the redskins Gm would get first pick. He may pick The Green Bay Packers. Next up is pudsy who is Texans GM, He would have second pick in the draft and may pick the New England Patriots and so on.

Also the 2 worst records will get a bye from the first round of matches. This competition is about improving your play and for New people. Hence why they get the bye

Ill put up the order when it becomes clear in week 17 hows it going. Considering nearly all the play off spots are going to go to the wire we'll have to wait till next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

If I don't make the playoffs I will play

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Carlos Nervous Handshake

god im the worst that sucks

If I don't make the playoffs I will play

Good point here, we need people to say whether they are playing or not. Don't want to just assume they will.

I will play too if I don't beat linebacker.

il play if i dont make th.......never mind il play

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Im in,

I'm the Liverpool of BFL, I'm not as good as I think I am, spent loads in the last transfer window, and need Silverware (any) to justify my existence, also hate my cross town rival doing better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'll definitely play

so when are we picking teams for the plate

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

me too!

• Advertisement

So far we have:
    Madalig