Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Super Plate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Who is Atlanta?

I'm good any evening anyway

That would be me :) Should be free tonight around 8 if that's any good?

EDIT: Oh and my GT is Specsy, not sure if I have you already?

Also, what stats do we need to post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

madalig12 wrote: »
    Raoul up first, never played him before so hope I perform half way decent. He loses in overtime so hope to take it to OT.

Bit harsh, mate!! :mad:

Will you be able to play this evening?

Luke, have a look at Daves post on the first page. Also, I might need somebody with good excel skills to put them in a spreadsheet. I might be busy enough this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lukebray wrote: »
    That would be me :) Should be free tonight around 8 if that's any good?

EDIT: Oh and my GT is Specsy, not sure if I have you already?

Cool, I'll be on that time

I have your xbox live ID, we played a friendly a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I should be able. I will pm you when i know when suits.
    Harsh....this is competive football!! Get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Me and Rizzo again!!!! we can't escape each other. Can you play tonight? Im away Wed and Thurs. Probably not free tomorrow. If not then Friday

I can play tonight mate

• Advertisement

Sorry net was down. I will take the lions. Empacher has taken the pats. matthew?

I should be able. I will pm you when i know when suits.
    Harsh....this is competive football!! Get used to it.

Was joking about the harsh. Let me know when you can get on asap. Looking forward to airing it out for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Jesus Christ the New York Giants are still on the board. I would love to win this thing as the Titans or Raiders but talk about a slam dunk, even though I hate the Giants. Matthew8 has taken the best team in the game, the New York Giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

empacher wrote: »
    I can play tonight mate

What time? any time is good for me

etloveslsd wrote: »
    What time? any time is good for me

We say 8:30pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

empacher wrote: »
    We sat 8:30pm?

Cool

DL – 14 / 27 / 0 / 0 = 41
    PHI – 0 / 0 / 7 / 0 = 7

Passing
    DL – 16/23 att, 247 yards, 6 TD, 0 Int, 2 sacks
    PHI – 9/20 att, 129 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, 4 sacks

DL – 21 att, 192 yards, 0 TD, 0 Fum
    PHI – 13 att, 42 yards, 0 TD, 2 Fum

Some might say that a 41-7 beating is harsh but this is competitive football, get used to it :p

Edit - For the record, I stopped trying to score at half time, just incase certain people are questioning the scoreline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Raoul wrote: »
    DL – 14 / 27 / 0 / 0 = 41
    NYJ – 0 / 0 / 7 / 0 = 7

Passing
    DL – 16/23 att, 247 yards, 6 TD, 0 Int, 2 sacks
    PHI – 9/20 att, 129 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, 4 sacks

DL – 21 att, 192 yards, 0 TD, 0 Fum
    NYJ – 13 att, 42 yards, 0 TD, 2 Fum

Philly!!! GG. i bow to your gaming prowess

Falcons @ Ravens

Great game between the 2 of us. It was extremely close until the 4th where I started to pull away! If it wasn't for the amount of turnovers by the Ravens I think the score could have been very different. I'll post the stats below. Oh and when I record sacks I presume it means sacks on that QB? For example, in the passing stats for ATL 3 sacks means Matt Ryan was sacked 3 times.

Box Scores

Falcons--> 7/6/7/25 = 45
    Ravens--> 3/7/7/7 = 24

Passing

Falcons--> 20 Comp, 29 Att, 251 Yds, 1 TD, 0 Ints, Sacked 3 times
    Ravens--> 11 Comp, 24 Att, 178 Yds, 1 TD, 3 Ints, Sacked 7 times

Rushing

Falcons--> 36 Att, 188 Yds, 3 TD, 1 Fumble
    Ravens--> 17 Att, 114 Yds, 2 TD, 1 Fumble

I think that's all of the stats?

Yeah, great game

Michael Turner is a beast, breaking tackles all over the place

Your best play was third and one and Matt Ryan scrambled around to pick up loads of yards

The fumbles were frustrating
    Anquan Boldin has one early in the game which wasn't in the stats there

In the end I had to chase it, pulled a TD back but starting causing turnovers, it's risky

Well beaten, Falcons advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Fair play Falcons, I was rooting for you, mikemac's a very tough player. Look's like you've regained a bit of form.

Oh right, must have missed it. Yeah I was off form for quite a while, hopefully I'll be set for the rest of the competition :D Was pleased to win this one considering Micmac beat me in a friendly a couple of weeks back

Philly!!! GG. i bow to your gaming prowess
    Changed it to Philly. I had copied it from Dave's post and forgot to change it to the Jets.

As for your defence. Try and find that post on the different formations. Then get a playbook that you like and then just you need to use them a lot and practice so you know exactly what play you want to call when you think the other guy is going to run.

I firstly see how many WRs he has got out or good TEs. Then depending on that I pick whether I will use nickel or dime or 43. After that, I choose my play based on whether I think he will run or if he has one really good WR, I might double cover him. If he needs to go deep sometimes I will drop back into coverage.

Patriots advance to the next round with a 22 - 17 win over the Houston Texans.

Patriots revive the kick off and march up the field with some good passing plays.
    Throwing in the occasional breakthrough from Woodhead to go ahead by 7.

Houston's first play see's foster run it to the end zone breaking 3 tackles on a blitz.

Patriots respond by marching up the field to score another TD. But fail to kick the 1pt conversion due to lag. Leaving my worried that I can't tie the game if it comes to that. Patriots DL remains solid against Fosters pounding, and on third and long pick it up for a small gain. Patriots settle for a FG getting stopped by inches.

Patriots Defense remains solid again and picks it again. But alas with only 5 seconds left miss the 65yrd field goal. Half Time Pats 17-Houston 7

Houston recieve the ball and using a 2WR 2RB 1TE/ 2WR 1RB 2TE manage to keep the pats guessing finally getting stopped on the 30 yard line, settling for a field goal.

Pats Get sacked on a PA leaving them on 2nd and 20. A Deep Pass to Gronk is slapped out of his hand at the last second. Passing over the middle to woodhead beating his man, woddhead get stopped 1 yard out.

Into the 4th the Houston march down again. Foster gets hit hard by ninkovich causing a fumble, but the DL is to slow to fall on it. A Diving catch by johnson into the end zone leaves the Texans up by 1. With me kicking myself for missing that 1 point.

Patriots have 3mins to score and calmly make there way to up the field with some crucial catches by woodhead converting a 4th and 1. With 20 secs to go the Idiotic patriots coach realizes he's not winning by 1 and that letting the clock run down ain't smart. A bullet to to Welker over the middle leaves them up by 5. opting for a failed 2 points. Houston left with secs left can't find any deep man.

Feeling good going into the next round as ET is a tough son of a gun. Always have a good chat with him. Pity we couldn't have met later as we've paid quite a bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pats beat the Pats.. how did you manage that empacher :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Pats beat the Pats.. how did you manage that empacher :pac::pac:

When your good your good, when your deadly your nearly me.

Won't be about tomorrow to play Empacher. Perhaps Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

thought it was 10mins quarters? Me and Pack gone ahead seven mins

Me and Mike just played a regualr head to head. I too wondered before the game how we'd manage but he just invited me to a regulat online friendly and changed the time to 10mins

7mins community settings are ok. Not sure about wed raoul training then work. Is there a deadline? Ideally I'd prefer to have the plate finished by next week, as I have exams next Friday till the following Friday?

The rules were 10mins

Not to be that guy but we need to pick a time and stick to it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The rules were 10mins

Not to be that guy but we need to pick a time and stick to it

Well we were also told that the time for community games would change, and it didn't. Didnt know which rule to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Carlos Nervous Handshake

packers 35 - 49ers 24

GB – 7 / 7 / 0 / 21 = 35
    SF – 7 / 10 / 0 / 7 = 24

Passing
    GB – 12/17 att, 141 yards, 2 TD, 2 Int, 0 sacks
    SF – 20/30 att, 238 yards, 2 TD, 3 Int, 2 sacks

GB – 17 att, 138 yards, 2 TD, 0 Fum
    SF – 10 att, 78 yards, 1 TD, 1 Fum

close games it was decided at the start of the 4th when the 49ers fumbled a ball on there own 20 and after conceding a td and getting the ball back threw a pick 6 in the space of about 2 mins i robbed the game pudsy was very unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Carlos Nervous Handshake

ok giants up next when can you play matthew

• Advertisement

I don't know anything about the boards community though I've read about it

Will have to check that out and sign up

Advertisement