Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Super Plate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Raoul wrote: »
    DL – 14 / 27 / 0 / 0 = 41
    PHI – 0 / 0 / 7 / 0 = 7

Passing
    DL – 16/23 att, 247 yards, 6 TD, 0 Int, 2 sacks
    PHI – 9/20 att, 129 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, 4 sacks

DL – 21 att, 192 yards, 0 TD, 0 Fum
    PHI – 13 att, 42 yards, 0 TD, 2 Fum

Some might say that a 41-7 beating is harsh but this is competitive football, get used to it :p

Edit - For the record, I stopped trying to score at half time, just incase certain people are questioning the scoreline.

Fair play to you cos really you could have scored a hundred out there.
    Cant call that competitive at all. Begining to wonder where i put that gold strip!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Carlos Nervous Handshake

madalig12 wrote: »
    Fair play to you cos really you could have scored a hundred out there.
    Cant call that competitive at all. Begining to wonder where i put that gold strip!

haha that feckin gold strip should be burned its cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Warmup game anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I can play after 4 tomorrow.

matthew8 wrote: »
    I can play after 4 tomorrow.

done do you wana leave it till a bit later or at 5 or 6

• Advertisement

Here's a spreadsheet of the Brackets and the strength of peoples Victorys.

Given that this is a playoff format. Reckless/Conservative play has a huge effect on the overall stats the Numbers in [COLOR="[B]Cyan[/B]"]CYAN[/COLOR] represent your victory based on the Ovr of the teams and the difference in seeds.

done do you wana leave it till a bit later or at 5 or 6

I'd like to play around 5 or 6 yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

5 days for each round is the deadline but i can see us getting through it quicker.

As for the rules, i forgot it was 10 min. We were meant to play through the community. Mikemac, think you are the only person that hasnt joined.

I will pm santry and get him to change the times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Empacher, just on now, I can play if we start in the next few min (say before 7).

Eli Manning cost me the game with the worst throw I've ever seen. 28-10 and he fking blows it.

• Advertisement

Patriots advance to the super plate final with a dominate victory over the Lions.

Lions open up the scoring with a nice combo of passing and running, including if im correct a RB throw?

Patriots Defense was left all over field, struggling with every type of play.

Patriots march up the field with some crucial runs by woodhead converting the 3 and shorts and finding Gronk in the endzone for the TD.

The Patriots D gets some stern words from head coach and Pull of 3 int one for a TD, and a crucial fumble that sealed the game.

Patriots used good audibles changing formations often to split the Lions secondary for some big gains. Gronk had 150yards, woodhead and welker both 100 and Edleman, Branch and Ocho all picking up yards. Leaving the lions with few options for a double team.

Rauol was unlucky with 2 fumbles and that the Patriots D came to bring pain.

Final Score 31-7

Eli Manning cost me the game with the worst throw I've ever seen. 28-10 and he fking blows it.

A bad workman blames his tools

empacher wrote: »
    A bad workman blames his tools

You're right, he is a tool. Bradshaw was going over the middle, but instead of throwing it over the middle in the Packers redzone with a minute left and 3 points down, he throws it to where Bradshaw was into 2 Packers.

GB – 7 / 3 / 14 / 7 = 31
    NYG – 7 / 14 / 7 / 0 = 28

Passing
    GB – 21/39 att, 349 yards, 3 TD, 3 Int,
    NYG – 9/20 att, 129 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int,

GB - 5 sacks
    NYG - 9 sacks(6 by tuck alone)

GB – 6 att, 49 yards, 1 TD, 0 Fum
    NYG – 27 att, 110 yards, 1 TD, 0 Fum

game of two half's gb couldn't get anything going in the first half and the giants where scoring at will but a gb pick in the 3rd with the giants about to seal off the game was the turning point it was a role reversal for the rest of the game (eli felt the pressure and blew it)

one of the weirdest games iv ever played but it was well contested good luck to the raiders next year

You're right, he is a tool. Bradshaw was going over the middle, but instead of throwing it over the middle in the Packers redzone with a minute left and 3 points down, he throws it to where Bradshaw was into 2 Packers.

in his defence only one of those packers picked it off

Atlanta and GreenBay in the Semi's to see who meets the Patriots in the final.

Short summary:
    Giants go up 28-10 late in the third quarter. packers throw a pick in their own territory. Manning throws a pick. Packers score soon after. Manning throws another pick and all of a sudden it's 28-24. Then the Packers a while after scored again and I was driving downfield before he threw a pick because for the 10th time today he had no idea the receiver was making a cut. Game over.

when you free falcons

Never has there been so much blitzing in a game. You used some short throws to get around the blitz. Even on screens and quick slants my WRs took five seconds to get into place and down I went. I should've run.

Miracle of the meadowlands the third.

Never has there been so much blitzing in a game. You used some short throws to get around the blitz. Even on screens and quick slants my WRs took five seconds to get into place. I should've run.

the giants blitz is insane took me 2 quarters just to get up to the speed of it

• Advertisement

I was driving downfield before he threw a pick because for the 10th time today he had no idea the receiver was making a cut. Game over.

The QB will throw it in the direction the receiver is running. If you release it before he makes his cut its going to sail on by him. I think also if your push on the L stick you can control if it goes ahead (up) behinf (down) etc

the giants blitz is insane took me 2 quarters just to get up to the speed of it

It's tough to block 6 with 5 when 4 of the 5 are great pass rushers. My interior offensive line simply offered no resistance though. My guys had to run a longer distance to get the sack.

I literally can't believe I lost that.

empacher wrote: »
    The QB will throw it in the direction the receiver is running. If you release it before he makes his cut its going to sail on by him. I think also if your push on the L stick you can control if it goes ahead (up) behinf (down) etc

He threw it just after he cut, and threw it to where he made the cut.

It's tough to block 6 with 5 when 4 of the 5 are great pass rushers. My interior offensive line simply offered no resistance though. My guys had to run a longer distance to get the sack.

I literally can't believe I lost that.

il be honest its one of the most satisfying wins iv ever had at half time i thought it was over

il be honest its one of the most satisfying wins iv ever had at half time i thought it was over

That loss literally made me feel sick. I felt I had a great shot at the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

That loss literally made me feel sick. I felt I had a great shot at the plate.
    Maybe you are now thinking....why were the Giants not picked before....

haha way to rub it in
    to be fair the giants are **** hot i regret not picking them

I'm still mystified. They have the best pass rush in Madden and many of their other players are overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

when you free falcons

I may be free tomorrow evening. It'll be after 11 if I am free but I'll let you know before then. And hard luck matthew, I know you were rooting for me in my game but I knew if I had to play you you'd beat me. I've never played nerd before so I'm thinking I at least have a shot :p

• Advertisement

Lukebray wrote: »
    I may be free tomorrow evening. It'll be after 11 if I am free but I'll let you know before then. And hard luck matthew, I know you were rooting for me in my game but I knew if I had to play you you'd beat me. I've never played nerd before so I'm thinking I at least have a shot :p

il only be around from about 7 il be leaving at 9 tonight
    thursday i mite be around if i am il be about till 3 friday morning if not il be gone till sat evenin

Advertisement