Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Super Plate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Ok well I can try and be on about 7:30pm. If not we'll play tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Carlos Nervous Handshake

luke change of plans il be around all evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Play it already so I can win the superplate

empacher wrote: »

god i hope that comes back to bite you in the ass :D

god i hope that comes back to bite you in the ass :D

You able to play now?

EDIT: I'm going on now, if you're on then i'll see you there :D GT is Specsy

• Advertisement

Lukebray wrote: »
    You able to play now?

yup be right on

if your around il play now

working mate, probably be late cause i was waiting to see who won.

what time you done?

GB – 14 / 14 / 17 / 7 = 52
    ATL – 7 / 7 / 6 / 0 = 20

Passing
    GB – 18/24 att, 407 yards, 5 TD, 2 Int,
    ATL –26/39 att, 296 yards, 2 TD, 1 Int,

GB - 1 sacks
    ATL - 1 sacks

GB – 20 att, 159 yards, 1 TD, 1 Fum
    ATL – 28 att, 296 yards, 1 TD, 1 Fum

unlucky start by the falcons picked me off on my first drive but fumbled and i recovered on the same play if not for that fumble it could have been a different game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Wow, well done Packers. Even the slightest edge in personnel can make a Madden game a blowout.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Wow, well done Packers. Even the slightest edge in personnel can make a Madden game a blowout.

it really was closer than the score says

it really was closer than the score says

I don't think so. First of all, my defense was absolutely shocking and it's something has continued to trouble. Defense has always been my weakness and I simply cannot figure it out. I am constantly getting burnt for 40+ yard plays, it does my head in. Secondly, I missed chances. You threw a pick and I didn't get a score. You then had to punt (or maybe it was the other way around?) And I didn't score again. I should have capitalised on those chances and it would have been a different game.

Lukebray wrote: »
    I don't think so. First of all, my defense was absolutely shocking and it's something has continued to trouble. Defense has always been my weakness and I simply cannot figure it out. I am constantly getting burnt for 40+ yard plays, it does my head in. Secondly, I missed chances. You threw a pick and I didn't get a score. You then had to punt (or maybe it was the other way around?) And I didn't score again. I should have capitalised on those chances and it would have been a different game.

games are made or lost on inches i genuinely think if you didn't fumble that pick on the first play it would have been a different game

so when can you play empacer its a battle of the nfc east

free till 9pm

free till 9pm

i can be on in 15 mins

cool

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good luck lads. Nice to see two NFC East teams in the final of this!

Packers win the super plate

GB – 7 / 0 / 7 / 17 = 31
    NE – 0/ 6 / 0 / 0 = 6

Passing
    GB – 10/17 att, 165 yards, 1 TD, 2 Int,
    NE –18/33 att, 245 yards, 0 TD, 3 Int,

GB - 1 sacks
    NE - 3 sacks

Rushing

GB – 15 att, 67 yards, 1 TD, 1 Fum
    NE – 11 att, 34 yards, 0 TD, 2 Fum

good game all in all pats where very unlucky with picks and fumbles at very inopportune times otherwise it was a far closer game

nice to win something in my first year cheers for the games lads it was a lot better than sitting on our hands watching the lads in the real playoffs

• Advertisement

Next year I propose a draft lottery for picks next year since first pick won it this year, and the only team that really challenged them was very close overall to them and imo a better Madden team.

Next year I propose a draft lottery for picks next year since first pick won it this year, and the only team that really challenged them was very close overall to them and imo a better Madden team.

hey dont take away from the win like that the only team i played that i was better than ovr was falcons and i had to play an extra game

First quarter Packers recover a fumble for 32yard TD run 7

Patriots respond with two redzone field goals. in the second quarter shutting down packers offence.

Third Quarter packers march up the field nicely to finish with a 10 yard pass to starks for 7.

14-6 going into the fourth.

4th quarter nick collins int and returns for a 63yard TD

Packers kick a field goal going up 24-6

stark runs in a TD to seal it at 31-6

Was a pretty even game until the 2nd half. When 3 fumbles and 2 int inside the redzone killed my chance of going up. and the one other int was in the 4th and killed any fight i had left.

Well done Carlos Nervous Handshake, Im sure the NFC East will be more interesting with you around

Yeah I don't think the teams have much to do with it tbh.

Well done nerd, was hoping you'd win :pac:

hey dont take away from the win like that the only team i played that i was better than ovr was falcons and i had to play an extra game

Matthew you got the best ovr team and you were last pick, you had the biggest advantage.

I'm not taking away from the win, I'm just saying that next year I'd like to see everyone on a more level playing field perhaps. It's not personal either, I got the team that I thought and still believe are the best in Madden. It would also add some excitement to the whole tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

That was the fairest way possible to pick the teams without doubt. There was only 9 of us in the thing and most of us actually got the teams we wanted.

Congrats Carlos Nervous Handshake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

You should be hoping that you won't be involved in the plate at all next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You make it sound like player skill doesn't matter and games are won on paper with the madden stats

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You make it sound like player skill doesn't matter and games are won on paper with the madden stats

Yeah its crazy, I've regularly played a mate and he's been the Pats and I've been the Titans and I can beat him fairly regularly.
    While player stats will have an impact, the human is the most important variable.

Advertisement